Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bought my first bow

Old 10-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bought my first bow

Just bought a Fred Bear Element. This is my first bow so I am looking for any advice on what arrows and broadheads to use. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

dl 27
# 60
Old 10-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bought my first bow

There are many great BH and arrows out there, I would just go to a shop and see what you like. They can help you on the spine. I like Carbon arrows and I like a cut on contact fixed blade broadhead. Then again thats just what I like and not what you should buy.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new bow purchase! There is all sorts of knowledge to be gained from this site...I know I have learned so much from here. Congrats again on the new bow purchase and welcome to the fourms!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the new bow
Old 10-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

i like carbon express arrows. you could just get the regular cx 200 arrows they work great. the cx maxima arrows are too expensive not unless you want to spend $12-$13 an arrow not including tax, but they work very well. i use rage 3 blade mechanicals and they work great.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Congrates. As mentioned, there are tons of good arrow and heads. My favorite is carbon express terminators. They quit making them a few years ago, so once i finally run out, ill have to find another arrow.The only carbons ive used in the past that I did not like were theolder PSE. They were not very durable, or the ones ive used in the past, which would be the PSE Force. The spine was less than what they had them rated at. Just shop around. Its pretty easy to marry an arrow to a compound bow. Nothing like trying to do so with a trad bow. Once you pick a shaft for your bow, then calculate your foc with the different grain heads and find the best, then any quality broadhead in that weight will work. Some suggestions; Muzzy, Slick tricks, and Rage. There are many more, these are my favorites. Well Ive not used the Rage yet, but they seem to be some wicked heads. Or at least from what ive been seeing.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

One other suggestion. Id get the bow, shot for a season with field tips, and once you get all the bugs worked out, then worry about broadheads.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the exciting world of Bowhunting. I agree with most everyone on this post, go to your archery shop and have them get you fitted with the perfect set-up. Cant go wrong doing that.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Start with alluminium XX75 arrows .Practice practice practice , then look at broadheads and such .Oh i forgot( " WELCOME" )

ORIGINAL: 7danny

Just bought a Fred Bear Element. This is my first bow so I am looking for any advice on what arrows and broadheads to use. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

dl 27
# 60
Old 10-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: SD_Gobbler

Welcome to the exciting world of Bowhunting. I agree with most everyone on this post, go to your archery shop and have them get you fitted with the perfect set-up. Cant go wrong doing that.
To add to that, go to a trusted one. Ive been to bow shops, with guys half my age, who have far less experience, tell me I need all the high dollar stuff they have. Some shops will try to sell you everything in the world. Just be careful.

Quick Reply: Bought my first bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.