Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: U.S. Navy SEAL earns Medal Of Honor

[quoteThese are OUR BOYS, doing OUR DIRTY WORK. They provide us with OUR Freedom. It isnt free.][/quote]

May God Bless ALL of you guys and gals serving our Nation. You all deserve medals. These guys in Iraq and Afghanistan are a special group of people. I have no words to describe my appreciation to them.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:27 PM

my cousin is a recon marine is Iraq right now.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

Semper Fi DropTine. What do you mean ex-Marine? Is there such a thing? We honor our dead and pray for the living. anybody wants to help out, here's the link.

http://www.dav.org/
Old 10-23-2007, 04:38 PM

EODLT I never was a SEAL, I'm just a former sailor, airdale ifyou want to consider us sailors.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 PM

As my cousin told me he said that the seals have way more money for training.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-23-2007, 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

SEALS, why they may not be a Tier 1 Special Operations detatchment as Marine Force Recon is,
Oh brother!
We were dropped in the Pacific Ocean at 2 am 3 miles offshore with a Mark I, fins and a mask!!! 30 ft straight down out of a chopper, in the dark, prettyFREAKING cold, (70 degrees or so) and told tobe on the beachin 1 1/2 hours... And had to stay with our buddy no matter what! Then when we got there, we assembled a squad and took the boat out for a casual swim in the surf! And that only takes up about 3 hours of our hell week...

That was way back in the 70's, the new guys have it easy compared to those days...
Old 10-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only survivor of the team was Marcus Luttrell and he wrote the book "Sole Survivor". The book starts off in his youth and carries through the events that cost his team members their lives. If you want to read about real heroes and their sacrifices I highly recommend this book. My dad shared the book at work and it is still out there being read with many saying it the most moving book they have ever read. God bless our brave soldiers.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

The real sad part about this story is that the network news refused to carry thisgreat story and many others about our brave men. My son is in the Airforce and it makes me soooo mad that the networks refuse to tell the whole storyover there. If somebody hasn't died because of a roadside attack, there isn't any news.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.