Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First buck....Feeling guilty

Old 10-23-2007, 06:34 PM

Default RE: First buck....Feeling guilty

Congrats again man, it's a beautiful deer!

I just got my first buck with a bow last week, and I almost fell out of the stand I was so hyped
Old 10-23-2007, 06:38 PM

It's definitely a good feeling. Congrats to you as well.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:21 PM

No way I would feel even remotely guilty.

Anytime someone in your party gets a deer is time for celebration. Be it in their normal stand or someone else, who is to say that fate would have smiled on them and brought the buck into them.

And unless that buck was living in a 100 yard area around that stand, odds are there was no guarentee that your dad would have been the one to get a chance to take a shot at it.

Bucks travel miles, 4500 acre range seems to come to mind, 6ish square miles? so take what you can get if it makes your heart race, and your knees shake.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

When I first read the post, I thought you were a kid. Why in the world would you feel guilty about shooting a deer out of someone elses stand? If he didn't want you there, he woulda told you
Old 10-23-2007, 07:26 PM

I'd say your dad will kill a bigger one. It's tough to get on up on your pop! I'm sure he's happy for you. You better be happy for him when he kills the New World Record!
ORIGINAL: PatrickMc

Yesterday I shot my first buck with a bow. He was no trophy rack-wise, but he had a huge body and I'm happy with him. He was an old buck that's been around for years. I made a 14 yard heart shot. He went about 60 yards and fell within sight.

The thing that is bothering me about all this is that I shot him out of my dad's stand, not mine. Now granted I did have permission to be there, I wasn't squatting. But I'm kind of feeling like I stole my dad's deer. Am I being a girl about this?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would not worry about it, he said you could, and i have never killed a deer with a name tag on it
Old 10-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

everything happens for a reason, if you wernt there, and he was, who knows if the buck would have even came in. This is your buck!
Old 10-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Spike

Dont feel guilty, you had permission to be there. Plus, if thats the only deer you will see you should probably move the stand to another location...lol. More bucks where that came from, congrats.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with the situation at all. Ive done sthe same thing. Dont feel guilty, be proud, you got a beautiful deer. Your right he does have a failry big body to him. Great Job buddy, congrats all the way around.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:16 AM
Bartender

Just be happy, I am sure your father is happy for you.

Quick Reply: First buck....Feeling guilty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.