Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First buck....Feeling guilty

Old 10-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: First buck....Feeling guilty

Trust me when i shot one out of my dads stand i felt the same way but then i met up with him and my feelings were put to rest bc he was as excited for me as i was for myself
Old 10-23-2007, 02:09 PM

ok you feel bad cuz you went to this stand to hunt and are feeling bad cuz you were sucessful.

You are being a girl about this.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Any deer with a bow, that you are happy with, is a trophy.

Dont worry about you shooting all the deer in your dads blind. Believe me, there are plenty more there. And if you took a small buck, you saved him the big boy that will be running those grounds when the rut sets in.

No need to worry about anything. My favorite blind usually produces several quallity deer each year. I shot some, my brother, and friends will shot some from it as well.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would not feel guilty neither should you if you did not have permisson to hunt that stand then i wouldsay yes you should but you had the right to be there and the right to shot that buck

what if you were in your stand 200 yards away and shot him

i would feel guilty if i was your dad and you did not shoot him
Old 10-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

I can kinda relate to ya. I set up a buddy of mine from out of town in a stand of mine last season. He ended up taking a nice buck from it and then felt really bad about it because he thought he had taken my buck. I didnt care at all taht he shot it. I was probably more excited about him getting it than he was. Im sure your dad will be proud of you for getting the buck

Old 10-23-2007, 02:34 PM

i know the point of me setting up was to shoot at a deer. I would just like to see my dad get a deer too. So, like i said, I'll try to get him set up on something.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:40 PM

Ok, it said it uploaded...let's see

Old 10-23-2007, 05:43 PM

im glad to see the safety strap in the background.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Between my Dad and two brothers, we have quite a few stands out in the woods. We consider the stands community property and any of us can hunt any unoccupied stand at any given time and shoot any deer we choose. I'm a Dad too and can assure you that you are not the happiest person about your kill. Your Pops is.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 PM

Yes, you are right, he is proud. And we also treat our stands as "community" stands.

And Jim, I always have my harness on in the tree. I actually used it todrag the deer out of the woods. Strapped it right around his neck and started pulling like a mule. I had a hill that was relatively steep and about 45 yards to the top. I thought I was gonna die. LOL

You can see in this pic that one point is broken off, and another is less than an inch long. But like I said he was really old. Only the bottom front teeth, and you can see how gray his face and muzzle is.

Quick Reply: First buck....Feeling guilty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.