Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long should i wait to hunt this stand again?

Old 10-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default How long should i wait to hunt this stand again?

well hey yall i posted about my miss the othernight well that next morning i hunted and missed i hit a small branch both times and bot would have been perfect shots it i didnt hit a branch but anyways i saw deer every time i hunted this stand morning and night but i let my buddie sit in it and he said he didnt see a thing well it works with my cause i dont have to worry about him going back ion and sitting in it but how long should i wait to go back and hunt it like i said i seen 7 deer one night and the next mroning and got shots off both days how long should i wait to sit it again? now first day i just missed her and she ran but i seen other right after her now yesterday i shot and they ran alil bit but i bleated and they stopped and they started feeding again and walked right by again(didnt take a shot didnt want to i thoguth they were alil far for mei should have taken the first shot i mean ive practised it but i wasnt comfertable)

thx
matt

GO TEAM 30! The Dirty 30
Old 10-23-2007, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How long should i wait to hunt this stand again?

Id let it sit a day or so and try again. Also take a look around from the ground to your stand, get about shot level out at different shot distances and look at your stand or height of your stand and remove any small branches that may obstruct your shot. Go all the way around your stand and do this, id go at least 20 yard radius.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How long should i wait to hunt this stand again?

Id say as long as they didnt see you or smell you, your good to hunt it any time.