Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Predator camo pics you've asked for the last two years...

Old 11-17-2007, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Predator camo pics you've asked for the last two years...

Greg,

Great pics and write up, as always. You are absolutely correct on the benfits of both open patterns and wolfskin. Many hunters out there need to get over the "mental block" of main stream pretty camo and understand how much better hidden they would be in a open pattern. I really like the looks of the Predator camo, I went with Enigma as a personal choice, but I am definitely enjoying the wolfskin. That material really is tough as nails and whisper quiet. Once again, very nicely done on the post, thanks for taking the time to do it.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

What kind of other bells and whistles is offered with this pattern? Meaning, scent lok liner? Fleece? or is the mat. quiet? Warmth? Insulated? I love this pattern but still love the functionality of my mass produced gear. I definitely agree that the other patterns tend to "blob" out at any sort of distance (over 20yds.) and would love to get something that didn't.
logout,

If you think mass-produced items have "functionality", you're going to beliterally amazedat what's obtainable through Gray Wolf Woolens... Aside from just plain "neat" items like 4 in 1 bomber hats, wool vests, crusher caps, bibs, boonie hats, bino holders, mitts and handwarmers... there's an abundance of custom options available through GWW.

Some of these are: a mini bino pocket positioned on the upper chest;a grunt tube pocket positioned on the upper chest out of the way of your bowstring but perfectly located for easy use of your call; upper cargo pockets, elastic sleeve adjusters, rear cargo pockets, waist draw cords, combination handwarmer/cargo pockets; back tag holders; double butts sewn into the pants; double knees; cargo pockets; upper handwarmer pockets; leg zippers; bow pockets to rest the bottom limb of your bow into while standing or sitting, and hidden/covered snaps.

The material I was referring to in the original post was Wolfskin, which is a super quiet, durable, tear-proof fabric that resists water almost as readily as a duck's back, is fade-proof and won't shrink. It's universally deemed to be the best of the best in the hunting world. GWW also offers wool and some fleece, with linings of StealthFleece, ComforMax Windbarrier and ComforMax/Liteloft. Scent-Lok lined items are also available as well.

Jeff handles all orders personally, and if you're unsure of your needs, contact him and let him know what you will be using the garment for so he can offer suggestions based on his and/or his customers' experiences.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Greg, thanks for the input, I really appreciate it. I'm absolutely positive that the quality is so much better than anything mass produced could be. I just "know" what I'm getting when I order from Cabelas or Basspro. The GWW is a unknown to me, so just a little hesitant. When I'm ready, my next outfit WILL be from GWW, based just on the rave reviews their products have received on here, since I have never heard of it in my circle of hunting friends here in southern NY.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can't go wrong with that stuff.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg, That Deer with the camera must have been closeI Love my Gray Wolf Wolfskin. It is awesome stuff!!

Dan
Old 11-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know a couple other guys who have found Predator to work the best as well!

Old 11-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Greg, That Deer with the camera must have been closeI Love my Gray Wolf Wolfskin. It is awesome stuff!!

Dan
Thank you very much! At least someone has finally noticied that someone else was taking these pictures! Though you should have spelled it DEAR not DEER. This is Greg's wife, Alison. Greg is sleeping, hunting is such hard work , and I get a chance to play on the computer for a few minutesso I wanted to see ifthere were any new comments about the pics I took. Everyone has been raving about what good pics these are I think I should do a REST of the story.... kind of thing and show you all some of the behind the scene pics that took place while we were doing this!! Greg does sucha good job explaining things and makes it sound so official and professional, but ahhh what you don't see!!!!! ( I am having fun with the little smiley things!!)
Old 05-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Typical Buck

Cool

Greg Or Finch
If either of you 2 know where to get a bow dipped in Predator Brown or Fall grey preferably, could you please email me where to get this done at !!! Even Winter White ,Thanks
Rocky
Old 05-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Bartender

Your better off trying to reach them over at forums.bowhunting.com. T
Originally Posted by youngfart
Greg Or Finch
If either of you 2 know where to get a bow dipped in Predator Brown or Fall grey preferably, could you please email me where to get this done at !!! Even Winter White ,Thanks
Rocky
Old 05-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by youngfart
Greg Or Finch
Rocky
Jeff, at Hanover Hyrdographics does a bang-up job. He dips all of the bows for New Breed Archery.

Next spring I plan on sending all of the fairings and cowls of my motorcycle to him for some dipping, and probably my bow, as well (although the bow will be in Predator Fall Gray, and the bike won't).

Quick Reply: The Predator camo pics you've asked for the last two years...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.