Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Killing Does: Its The Cool Thing to Do

Old 10-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Killing Does: Its The Cool Thing to Do

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Just like the rest of the hunting video/tv industry.
Whats that supposed to mean?

The reason i said that is cause campbell is selling our tree arm with one of their premier camera packages.

I know it definately is pricey, but if you ever get into videoing hunts more frequently it is certainly worth it
Old 10-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't mean anything directed towards you guys, just the industry as a whole. There's plenty of people out their either using, or not using, gear that they're being paid to promote when they don't really believe in it. No different than anything else, pro sports, etc. There's a plethora of shows sponsored by companies where you never even see the people using the products, but when they're asked about them they'll all tell you how great they are.

As for your arm, I have in fact heard a lot of good stuff about it. In the latest issue of North American Whitetail it was mentioned that they're using it for their show. You've gotta love free press! However, as I said, the pricetag is a bit much for me right now. Plus I'm only shooting a GL2, so the arm may be a bit overkill. If I ever step up to an XL1 or similar camera I'll be forced to upgrade and most likely go with the HB arm. I looks like it's rock solid.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Now which way am I supposed to point this camera again?? What button do I push? [:-]

Oh yeah... it'll be fun.....
Old 10-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Old 10-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

When you feel someone tugging on your safety harness rope in the dark, that's just me cutting the strap.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, i definatly understand what you mean about the industry...

For a GL2 the arm works great, but as you said may be a little overkill. We are actually working on an arm with a much more friendly price tag that will be designed and targeted more toward the average consumer. It will be great for little handycams all the way up to Gl2's, PD170s and even the new Sony V1U HD camera (We just got one and let me tell you...they are SWEET!).

Good luck on the Campbell Outdoor Challenge! Stick a big boy!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

When you feel someone tugging on your safety harness rope in the dark, that's just me cutting the strap.

A lot of good I'll do you if I'm lying broken at the base of your tree. (other than the temporary entertainment value). [8D]

Don't worry, I'm half-Japanese. I'll figure out at least half of the camera by the time a deer comes by.