Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting like I "want" to...

Old 10-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Hunting like I "want" to...

I've had an interesting season, so far. It's also been productive. Now...I finally get to hunt like I want to.

A few of you told me that the doe reduction woud be like work. You were all EXACTLY RIGHT. It has been. I'm going to keep checking in with the wildlife bio, and give this management thing a few years before I can determine if it's been worth it. Time will tell.

I'm looking forward to sitting in a tree and reaching for the camera instead of the bow. We had a thread here a while back, asking if we'd still be in the woods if we tagged out, early. I still have tags....but I'll probably be using them sparingly from here on out. I'm ready to watch some deer.

Good luck to all going out this week!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Bartender

Default RE: Hunting like I "want" to...

About time you go out and have some fun. Good Luck also.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Enjoy yourself Jeff!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:16 PM

I would certainly say you've earned it......
Old 10-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Gotta learn to listen to some of you guys when you tell me something. I learned more last year than I thought I would.....and I've doubled that, this year. All that does...is tell me how much more I need to learn. This has been more like work than I wanted it to be.

If I don't kill another deer this year....it's been a productive season. It's gonna be a greatyear when I can have that feeling.....the evening before opening day.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:41 PM

Amen Jeff, I am tagged out but I am still enjoying running my game cameras and taking my fiance out and just sitting near her and watching her hunt unfold. It is actually more enjoyable this season to go out without any bow and watch her hunts, she gets so excited over the little things that I take for granted. Last weekend she saw two red fox from stand and it absolutely made her evening hunt where as I would see them and be upset that it wasn't a deer. It puts things into perspective.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Enjoy yourself in the woods this weekend. There's no place I'd rather be, even w/o a bow. Have fun!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Here's what I'm really looking forward to, next year....

I'm looking forward to walking to the woods.....to a homemade ground blind.....and taking NO stand; No safety harness: No bow hook; No haul line....but taking my longbow and acouple of arrows.

I think just that feeling of walking into the woods like that will be unbelievable. I want to take one like that, next year.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff,

Good luck, enjoy the rest of the season, youve been BUSY! really BUSY! Emotionally I bet you have felt drained at times.Which ismore exhausting than physical work.

I too am really looking forward to hunting the rest of this season, taking nothing for granted and soaking up every minute of it!

Have fun!

Troy
Old 10-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Here's what I'm really looking forward to, next year....

I'm looking forward to walking to the woods.....to a homemade ground blind.....and taking NO stand; No safety harness: No bow hook; No haul line....but taking my longbow and acouple of arrows.

I think just that feeling of walking into the woods like that will be unbelievable. I want to take one like that, next year.

Jeff, you mentioning a blind...reminds me...I will get those ground blinds of mine photo'd this week or weekend too. I have no idea if they can help but you guys said you'd be interested...I couldnt take pix this past weekend, too many "catch up" duties to take care of..and my neighbor had he and his dad hnting elk up in that area, I stayed out of there. My neighbor andIhave a great working relationship in that regard...

anyway..Good luck again and have fun

Quick Reply: Hunting like I "want" to...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.