Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NC guys, RUT?

Old 10-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default NC guys, RUT?

Just wondering when you guys think the rut will kick in around here? I'm got about 4 days that i need to schedule off from the office. What would be the best dates?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: NC guys, RUT?

I'm only familiar with the herd I hunt. If it were me.....I'd schedule time off around Thanksgiving. Let me expound by saying that the herd I hunt is doe-rich. There is ALWAYS an estrous doe after they begin to come into cycle, and there's does being bred throughout season, here (once they begin to come into estrous).

Later is better, HERE.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

Last year I took the first two days of muzzleloader season off and killed both of my eight pointers dogging does. That would put me somewhere in the first two weeks of November. Last year we had a ton of does, this year I haven't seen nearly as many. Not sure what the deal is. Lot's of spikes and small bucks, not many does.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm probably going to take some time the week of Nov 12-16. I just haven't seen a lot of rutting activity yet with it being so warm. It looks better towards the end of this week so that should help.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:59 PM

the whole week of thanksgiving im taking off
Old 10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TommyGunn

the whole week of thanksgiving im taking off
Not much left of Jordan lake these days! I've never seen it this bad.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

I'm with you NCRem700, I've yet to see a scrape or rub and I know I have small bucks frequenting my stands. I walked for a solid hour saturday morning after I got out of the stand looking for early rut signs, nothing.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NChunterman

I'm with you NCRem700, I've yet to see a scrape or rub and I know I have small bucks frequenting my stands. I walked for a solid hour saturday morning after I got out of the stand looking for early rut signs, nothing.
I've seen some rubs but not many. I was hunting near Asheboro sat. evening at my girlfriend's parents farm and there were rubs all over. One of them was a cedar tree as big around as a telephone pole! Needless to say I'm happy to go there whenever the gf wants to see her parents!!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Guys, I hunt in Surry Co. I noticed this weekend that the old does were running any buck in the area off. The bucks kept coming back and thenrun off again. Something is starting now.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Surry Co.???

That's HOME!....lol (Where I grew up)

Shoot me a PM, sometime. I'd love to hear where you're hunting. We likely know some of the same people.

Quick Reply: NC guys, RUT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.