Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow hunting blues!

Old 10-20-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Bow hunting blues!

I have hunted hard since opening morning, killed a doe on the first morning. Havent seen a deer since. This place used to be chock-full of the critters, but due to the progress of mankind,(neighborhoods..etc.) the 30 acres or so I had to hunt has dwindeld down to a little oak tree on the edge of posted woods. They are still comming to my corn, because there are tracks everywhere. I have 2 other spots that have all the deer sign you can stand, but one is being sold, yeah you guessed it for sub-division, and the other has not shown the first deer!
Iguess the part that is frustrating is that, If its not the neighbors dogs comming by or the sound of "Paw-Paw" cuttin his grass @ 6 am, its a man fighting with his wife before work, kids etc. You know its not even about killing a deer so much as it is about the peace and quiet of the wild darkness. The "BETCHA THATS A DEER" tip toes 'round the base of your tree before day light. The birds that start chirping almost simultaniously as the sun rises, the endless hrs of playing "wheres the squirell?".... Ya'll get what Im saying.....but even so with that being said.... Bow Hunting is still and will always be my passion!.......(after my Father in heven of course!)
Old 10-20-2007, 07:39 PM

Default RE: Bow hunting blues!

I no i was hunting and 3 4wheelers come down the gas line. They were trsspassing on my hunting land. I was about to call the cops but i was hunting illeagly. Underage not with a gun or anything.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

I no i was hunting and 3 4wheelers come down the gas line. They were trsspassing on my hunting land. I was about to call the cops but i was hunting illeagly. Underage not with a gun or anything.
Were you hunting with a bow?
Old 10-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

umm....illeagal is still illeagal, and still breaking the law, and not too smart to be posting that on a public forum, just a thought.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, kids. I didnt know 14 year old kids could own land. Jeepers!