Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

got a NEW BOW!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default got a NEW BOW!!!!!!!!!

Well after putting my bow on the shelve 2 years ago because I was dissapointed in its shooting, notice I said ITS not mine. I knew it couldn't be me I shot perfect with my old golden eagle sold it to a buddy and bought a parker and never shot the same again. I decided nows better than later and decide its time to start up again, listening to all my co-workers talking about there bow hunting season got me all worked up and I couldn't take it anymore. I went down and looked at a Mathews drenalin and a bowtech guardian. The saleman tried pushing me to mathews telling me how good it is and they sell it 3 to 1 to other bows. I took the guardian to shoot it and without it even being set-up for me ( it was a new bow but they set it up with sights and stuff to sell as a package ) I went and shot it I couldn't believe the speed and quietness and better yet I couldn't beleive my Group after not shooting for 2 years It was perfect fletching was touching on my 3 arrows i shot. I couldn't help but buy the bow. So looks like im 668 bucks poorer now with the new bow and trade in on my old bow and had to buy new arrows since this bow is at 70lbs and not 60. If anyone is thinking about this bow STOP THINKING and go shoot it. Its an Awsome bow I can't wait to get my target and start shooting it. And since it was out with the old and in with the new, I have a dozen XX75 game getter arrows and will be ordering some slick trick broadheads as well as a new target for the new bow.

Now all I gotta do is hide the reciept from my girlfriend LOL!
Old 10-20-2007, 05:29 PM

Default RE: got a NEW BOW!!!!!!!!!

sounds like a nice bow
goodluck this season

Old 10-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Host of Hosts

You made a great choice! I love mine.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:06 PM

Bowtech, of course!
Old 10-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bad shop owner pushing the Drenalin....and great choice doing what YOU wanted to do. Great choice in bows too. The Guardian is incredible.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

I got it at scheels all sports not at an acualy bow shop. But they push mathews period, they have a whole rack full of just mathews then a wrack with new bows of other companies. They have like 5 bowtechs thou. I wouldn't have bought the mathews no matter what the guy said, I held it and just holding it it didn't feel right to me. Im definately happy with this bow and I havn't hardly shot it......
Old 10-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Host of Hosts

This is only something I heard from a local dealer, but you have to sell so many Mathews bows to keep you dealer status. Mathews is supposedly pretty strict on the numbers.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

I beleive it, thats a way to keep their bows out of small shops, and makes the people that do sell them a reason to push them onto customers. I never have liked the way those bows feel but my stepdad has bought a few of them and seemed to like them. There really light, almost to light now.