Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Custom Knife...(Whatcha think?)

Old 10-19-2007, 08:24 PM

Default RE: Custom Knife...(Whatcha think?)

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Knife cost me $125.
Hm, sure enough, there it is.......maybe I should start reading these more.........[&o]
Old 10-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: vikesfan353

I really like the background too!! Nothing like some good stone work!!
Thanks, that's my fireplace. I looked for a nice setting to send Jeff a picture...

Funny thing is tho, I have possession of it, the bill is in my name and yet Jeff is calling it his....HHmmmm, might come up missing...yeah that's it, the house was broken into and that's the only thing come up missing....but then again, the bill is in my name and I'd have to pay for it.....wait, never mind Jeff, ignore that...if the bill is in my name you could go home with the knife and I'd still have to pay for it....Hey wait a minute. ?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a purdy knife you got there. Put it to good use!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, here's my version of it......I can never get a good picture of this dang thing. The figuring in the wood never shows up right.
Mine is a little more "workmanlike" in appearance. I got the Black Palm handle with the dark grain leather sheath.
I remember the day I bought mine I spotted it in the display case and asked to see it. Took about 10 seconds of handling it and I told him "Don't bother putting that back" as I reached for my wallet. LOL
You'll see what I mean when you get your hands on it. It has a heft, balance and feel that fits your hand in a such a simple and uncomplicated way you won't want to put it down. You'll see.
Hard to explain but it just FEELS different than any knife I've handled.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for posting that Matt. I want my leather to look like that, too. I guess I can work the leather with some linseed oil or something. I just want the knife to be good quality. I plan on using the heck out of it.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:41 PM

Wow...those are some nice knives fellas.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for posting that Matt. I want my leather to look like that, too. I guess I can work the leather with some linseed oil or something. I just want the knife to be good quality. I plan on using the heck out of it.
Jeff I'd just ask him to replace the lighter sheath for one like I have.....I doubt he'd even bat an eyelash at the request. But then again the lighter leather compliments the handle color nicely on yours.
And after talking with him it sounds like if you EVER had an issue with the knife itself he'd bend over backwards trying to take make it right.

Does the invoice say what the handle material actually is? Sort of looks like Cocobolo?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Oh I'm OK with it, Matt (sheath). Hunting where I do.....I don't ever wear my knives, anyway. It'll be in my box when I need it (I keep all my tracking lights; batteries; rubber gloves; Knives;etc... in a tool box). I'm probably the only one who'll see it, after this post....lol.

He did mention cocobolo. You're likely right about that.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a good looking knife, decent price too for one hand made...Looks like the blade is about 2 1/2 - 3 inches...Ought to make a good skinning, boning knife, its all you need...
Old 10-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a good looking knife, decent price too for one hand made...Looks like the blade is about 2 1/2 - 3 inches...Ought to make a good skinning, boning knife, its all you need... [align=right]
[/align]
The pictures are actually a touch deceiving, the blade length overall is 4" (3 1/2" of cutting surface) with an overall length of 8 1/4" tip to butt.

Better not let Lisa get her hands on it Jeff or the jig is up.

Quick Reply: Custom Knife...(Whatcha think?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.