Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: STUCK in your stand !?

wait till they leave
Old 10-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

Tough call. I've had that happen plenty of times. Some times I've waited them out. Other times I usually shine my light down on them. They since something isn't right and usually wonder off. I've even said "hey, get out of here" and it work w/o totally alarming the deer.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:29 PM

Don't over a feeder!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take a pillow? I spent the night in a tree a few years ago because I didn't want to alert all the deer under my stand. I called the wife and told her what was going on and she told me in no uncertain terms I was NUTS! It was a doublewide and I had a harness on...woke up the next morning and there was a big ole doe staring at me (I snore something fierce), so I shot her.

Last year, I had a fawn bed down under my stand, no more than 2 feetfrom the base of the ladder. I thought "Cool" I must be scent free. Other slickheads bedded all over the immediate area after that. Two hours later when the chili had made it through my system and wanted out, I started whistling short bursts. All the deer jumped up and looked around and then wandered off. Not a single one was really alarmed. I don't know if this was a one time deal or if it is effective, but you might give it a try.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:42 PM

I haven't tried it myself yet (haven't needed to). But Ihave heard that a few blasts on a coyote howler will get them moving out of there. It's a fairly natural sound usually. The only downside I see is that the deer may associate the area with hungry coyotes now and may avoid it. Let me know what you think.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I immitate the most vocal animals I hear in my given areas that the deer pay little attention too.. Sometimes it cattle..sometimes elk.. if you dont have elk pick an animal other than the deer that you hear often while hunting your areas and learn to mimic their sounds..last resort i've grunted my way out, especially outside of the rut when deer really dont bother much with another grunt call...

Works great to cover your movement. Elkor cattle are so loud when they walk..I have got out of a lot of jams this way..
Old 10-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-19-2007, 08:34 PM

Here's a sure-fire way to get them moving anytime, anywhere. First you need a piece of fishing line long enough to hang from your stand dropped down to about three feet off the ground. Next, attach a paper clip to the end that you'll be dropping towards the ground. Next, and this is important for this to work,...take a picture of your wife first thing in the morning (before her first cup of coffee). Attach an 8"x10" picture to the paper clip. Whenever you gotta leave dangle that picture around for a few seconds, and they're gone. This also works for keeping critters out of the vegetable garden.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.