Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA guys MUST be cheating....

Old 10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA guys MUST be cheating....

Somethings not right and I sense a plot of some sort. The bucks the PA guysare scoring on are clearly midwest bucks and the midwest guys seem to be missing alot of deer.
They are clearly keepingsecrets from uswhich I think they should be sharing.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA guys MUST be cheating....

I for one love all the attention the Pa guysare giving their state. If there ever was any question as to where to go to get the big buck, there shouldn't be anymore. Congrats on the successes.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Give it time. Its still pretty early and the weather has been awfully warm and the rain has been falling a lot here lately. Meaning farmers can't get in the fields and temps are keeping deer in their beds. The Midwest states will catch up pretty quick IMO. Next couple of weeks the forecast says the temps will be dropping and the rut will be kicking in! I don't care what state a person shoots a deer, I'm happy for all of them. Of course, I want to see Missouri give the best showing!Good luck guys.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Man theres nothing going on their just great hunters that put their time in and are getting rewarded like we all will someday
Old 10-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

THERE IS STILL A FEW OF US THAT HAVEN'T SCORED YET!!
Old 10-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

You guys will there's no doubt. With all the hype Pa has gotten for the past several years on antler restrictions the big bucks are there. I don't think the NR tags are a bad deal either.[8D]
Old 10-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've refrained from writing this on any of the guys' success threads, as I don't want the volatility of the subject to detract from the joy the guys are basking in...

But, clearly -- this is a result of Dr. Alt and his management practices. Say all you want; you NEVER saw so much success (and yes, I'm determining success by the quality of bucks being taken now) coming from PA before.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

greg!! how DARE YOU!! you mentioned that "A" word!!!!!

honestly, comin from a PA boy, born and raised, in the woods since i could walk, i can say i dont see AS many deer a day...even days we gang up in rifle season and put on drives, but honestly, who needs to se 30+ deer a day?? we used to see 30 a day on a regular day.

i been hunting 9 years now. this year i took my 3rd buck. took me 3 or 4 years to kill my FIRST buck. the next was a couple years later. but since ARs and herd reduction, i have noticed ONE thing. MORE BUCKS. which i cannot figure out. alot are 1.5yo bucks, but how i see more is beyond me...the herd was reduced and alot of does still get shot...alot of button bucks get tagged in the process. how i see more, i cannot figure out...but i do. wed see 30 a day but maybe 1 or 2 had antlers. now we might see 10-15 on a GOOD day...but a good half have a rack of some sort...

now to get some age structure in the herd, and we WILL see good hunting. not even saying trophy wise(but that will come) but we would see a BETTER quality and health herd...as well as more bigger bucks. take my buck for example. 1.5yo and legal across the state for ANYONE. came from an area that is FLOODED with rifles come opening day. 3 ontop made him legal and that was easy to spot...90% chance he would been killed if i didnt kill him.

thats ALOT of our bucks. they meet the 3 or 4pt rule with their first set of antlers. i dont know the numbers, but i bethca its close to or over 30% are legal their first year. maybe more. i see more small rackers than i do spikes and Y bucks.

i would LOVED to see PA goto EARN a buck years ago(along with ARs)...right now we would be seeing GREAT hunting. less does AND bigger bucks for sure...

we will see what happens...we got the genetics and food...we just need the age to get to Matt and Frank status...
Old 10-19-2007, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

....clearly -- this is a result of Dr. Alt and his management practices. Say all you want; you NEVER saw so much success (and yes, I'm determining success by the quality of bucks being taken now) coming from PA before.
You are correct, IMO Greg. It's too bad that someshort sighted hunters in PA drove Dr. Alt out of the state. He received death threats on a regular basis from the "we want a deer behind every tree" crowd.
The good news is Chris Rossenberry(sp), who relaced him, is staying the course.
It will only get better from here.

BTW, We're just plain old "good" when it comes to huntin'.
[/align]
Old 10-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

But, clearly -- this is a result of Dr. Alt and his management practices. Say all you want; you NEVER saw so much success (and yes, I'm determining success by the quality of bucks being taken now) coming from PA before.
Can't believe there wasn't a time in the past where the deer weren’t as good or better. Pa has always been better than my neck of the woods. Hasn't been to long since many Ohioans went there for deer.

Quick Reply: PA guys MUST be cheating....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.