Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Beautiful sounds outside right now (strategy?)

Old 10-19-2007, 07:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Beautiful sounds outside right now (strategy?)

We've been experiencing the biggest drought since records have been kept, here in NC. We're down 15" for the year.....and it's desparate times, for many in our state.

Iwas awakened, this morning, to the sound of pouring rain! God is good! It's still raining, here.

I'm not changing my strategy up for tomorrow.....but it's raining hard enough right now.....that I "think" they're bedded down. Supposed to rain this hard off and on, all day. Tomorrow, I'm hoping they'll be up and moving behind this front. I've got a good little spot picked out in the morning/evening on an acorn ridgetop.

I'd gladly sit home if the rain would keep falling, though. I do think they'll be up and moving after the front......and I'm hoping ofr a good couple of hunts.

Good luck to all.....and if you're from NC and surrounding states.....I hope you're receiving this much needed rain.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:39 AM

Default RE: Beautiful sounds outside right now (strategy?)

All this front left us with is STRONG winds and pretty warm temperatures. I did get word that MOmighty shot one last night though so they were moving up and about after the storm. Good luck GMMAT.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have experienced that deer move very well after being pounded by weather for a full day or two. I think that they are hungary and bored after not moving much for a couple days. If it were a little later in the year, the bucks would also go crazy reapplying scent to their scrape lines. I love hunting after a rain personally because of the last reason I mentioned.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with you on this one Jeff!! I'm here in Raleigh and I'm loving the rain. I'll be in the tree this afternoon...as long as it doesn't storm like they're saying it might. Tomorrow morning should be good. I'm looking forward to it!