Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA Guys...I'm jealous...

Old 10-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA Guys...I'm jealous...

Well, it looks like us PA guys are really cleaning up on the big bucks this year which is just awesome. But I'm jealous, because instead of sitting out there in the same woods as you guys hoping for my own chance at a big one, I'm 600 miles away from my home in Erie, PA to attend school at the University of New Hampshire. I knew I would miss hunting archery season this year (I didn't even buy an archery stamp, just flintlock for the late season when I'll be home), but seeing all you guys bring in the big guys makes me just a tad jealous that I can't be in the same woods as you. I guess I'm not really jealous though, I just miss it.

So I guess the real point of this email is to say thanks tomy homestatePA guysespecially, but everyone in general, for sharingyour stories; I'm living my 2007 PA archery season vicariously through you guys. Congrats to everyone who's taken a deer, to those you will get one, and to those who just got to be in the woods...you guys (and gals) are lucky.

On a side note, I managed to buy my plane tickets for the Thanksgiving break in such a way where I will be able to hunt until about 12pm on the first day of rifle season (yeah, I know..but atleast its something) before I catch a plane back to NH. I can't remember a time other than my 12th birthday that I've been anticipating the first day I can hunt as much as this.

Thanks for reading...I just needed to say it.
Steven
Old 10-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: PA Guys...I'm jealous...

Steven,

I went to UNH and lived in the seacoast area. Why not get a license for NH. The archery season there is pretty long and there are some decent areas there in Durham.

Wayne
Old 10-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

stinks bud...but thats life..gotta do what gotta be done. good luck in school. just remember..its only a couple years...and youll get the job you want and hopefully more hunting time.

im with stickler...id DEFINENTLY try to hunt up there. but, hunting in a new area is rough. could take 4 years just to find a place to hunt....but if i could, id try to make it happen.

good luck in rifle and flinter season!
Old 10-19-2007, 03:21 AM
Host of Hosts

Steve, when I met you up at Dave's I thought you seemed alot brighter than to do something stupid and go off to school and miss deer season. I guess first impressions aren't always right.

No really! sorry you have to miss archery I can tell by your posts on this forum over the years that its tearing you up. Hopfully I can post my story soon for ya.

Doug
Old 10-19-2007, 04:37 AM

All you need is a Christmas break and a stamp. Don't forget about the 2nd season starting after Christmas. It's always been good hunting IMO.
Can you still hunt Presque Isle? I lived in Erie for 6 years and attended Gannon College.
The place was always loaded w/ deer.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Spike

Go Blue Hens!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I suppose I forgot to mention the fact that I did buy myself a NR Archery license for NH and I've gone out a few times to hunt squirrels, my problem is I don't have or know anyone with a car this year so even if I were to get a deer, I would have no way to transport it to the check station or processor. Getting out in the woods with my bow is great, but its just not the same when I know I can't take a deer. I intend to hunt deer next year for sure, but I'm just missing it this year.

stickler: Do you have any recommendations of places to hunt? I've been riding my bike over to Thompson, West Foss, and East Foss farm,but I can't find any great deer places there. I've thought about Kingman, but haven't made the trek out there yet. Do you have any other ideas?

PABuck: Doug, you keep changing your name and I can't keep track of you. We should definitely meet up at Dave's sometime and shoot.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck in school and flintlock bud! Hey who knows them 1st few hours on the 1st day of rifle might pay off for you. I know its not the same as archery but hey its something.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: PA Bow/Flinter

Well, it looks like us PA guys are really cleaning up on the big bucks this year which is just awesome. But I'm jealous, because instead of sitting out there in the same woods as you guys hoping for my own chance at a big one, I'm 600 miles away from my home in Erie, PA to attend school at the University of New Hampshire. I knew I would miss hunting archery season this year (I didn't even buy an archery stamp, just flintlock for the late season when I'll be home), but seeing all you guys bring in the big guys makes me just a tad jealous that I can't be in the same woods as you. I guess I'm not really jealous though, I just miss it.

So I guess the real point of this email is to say thanks tomy homestatePA guysespecially, but everyone in general, for sharingyour stories; I'm living my 2007 PA archery season vicariously through you guys. Congrats to everyone who's taken a deer, to those you will get one, and to those who just got to be in the woods...you guys (and gals) are lucky.

On a side note, I managed to buy my plane tickets for the Thanksgiving break in such a way where I will be able to hunt until about 12pm on the first day of rifle season (yeah, I know..but atleast its something) before I catch a plane back to NH. I can't remember a time other than my 12th birthday that I've been anticipating the first day I can hunt as much as this.

Thanks for reading...I just needed to say it.
Steven
Im from Erie, where did you live when you lived in Erie?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

strait: I still live in Erie, I'm just going to college in NH right now. I live just ouside of the city in Greene Township, which part of Erie are you from?

Quick Reply: PA Guys...I'm jealous...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.