Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Going from old bow to new bow?

Old 10-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Going from old bow to new bow?

Men, I'm very comfortable with my old junky bow. How hard was it to make the transition, from old to new? How long did it take to get use to the new bow?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:59 PM

Default RE: Going from old bow to new bow?

You'll be amazed. There really is no comparison. I don't think it would take very long.........You would fall in love w/ the right one in about 2 shots, and really be used to it in another hundred.....It's a pretty simple transition, provided you get the right bow w/ the right fit.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:46 PM

Going from an old bow to a new bow is not as much of an issue as how the bow the fits you. Even switching from new bow to new bow can take some getting used to if they are different styles and sizes. Each will fit youslightly different.If the new bow is smaller in axle to axle length it may take some getting some used. And depending on how old your bow was most of the newer bows are shorter.

Once you get used to it though I am certain you will like it. Most of the newer bows are faster and have less reciol and vibration than the older ones, and are much quieter.

Paul
Old 10-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's immediate and you'll be like Why on earth haven't I upgraded to a new Bowtech before.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a Golden Eagle Predator for YEARS! You know the kind...recurve limbs, wheels with cam elements to adjust draw length, blah, blah. I got a Matthews Switchback in May of 06 and holy crap!! The first time I shot it I just had to stop and laugh. I was absolutely amazed at the lack of noise and hand shock. Trust me, it took just one shot to realize what I had been missing for so long!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

you will adapt quickly and be glad you went to a new bow go for it