Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well...I Choked

Old 10-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Well...I Choked

Not going to bore you with the details, but I missed on my first deer (ever) this evening. I'm bummed. It was a 40 yard shot, a distance at which I'm more than comfortable (at least when practicing). Looking back on it, I just choked. Got too excited, didn't settle the pin, and looked away from the bow to tried and watch the arrow. Definitely not the routine I practice.

Anyhow, I'm thankful it was a clean miss. She only hopped about twenty yards away, then blew for about 5 min. before trotting off. No sign of any injury.

I guess this was a good lesson and I'll be better for the experience. Just wanted to vent a little. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Well...I Choked

do not feel bad i missed my first two i triped my release early and it went right over

it happes no one ever said shooting at a deer is the sameasshootingat a target
Old 10-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Won't be the last. Great experience tho right? Missing is easy to do, there's a lot of room around those things. Fear not, embrace it, remember it the next time your ready to draw, breath, relax and get r done!.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Great experience tho right?
Definitely a great experience. I'm definitely hooked and can't wait to get back out there. In fact, just before I read you're reply, I was checking the weather for Saturday morning.

Thanks for the responses. I know misses are part of the deal, but was really hoping to connect on that first one.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Don't be to hard on yourself, it happens to the best of them. I shot a nice buck this year, made a great shot, two days laterI got so tore up on two does I had been watching for a half hour I miss judged the distance and shot way low, a foot below her, missed her clean. We like to call it ( The Yukes) at my hunt club."Yea, old Smitty got the yukes today and choked on an old slick head, HA-HA- HA....LOL" and the jokes start rolling in. Some person's will even go as far as opening up old wounds onhistory misses from years past. Its a dog eat dog world out there.[][:@]
Nontypical Buck

Yup, shooting at an animal is a whole different ball game than shooting at targets!!
Typical Buck

there will be plenty more oppertunities to get another
Old 10-18-2007, 07:02 PM

Ok, so you missed......BUT....was that not the COOLEST experience ever!!???? It's just so...sureal......
Old 10-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Yep thats ok put it behind you and stick the next one ,but if you keep hunting it will happen again.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

40 yards? Thats out there bow hunting!

Quick Reply: Well...I Choked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.