Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well...I Choked

Old 10-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Well...I Choked

What are you shooting 40 yards for ?

A clean miss is good but there is way to much wounding going on, Its not OK it needs to stop .

Close is best. Wait for your shot Twenty or under and you will not have this stuff.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

What are you shooting 40 yards for ?

A clean miss is good but there is way to much wounding going on, Its not OK it needs to stop .

Close is best. Wait for your shot Twenty or under and you will not have this stuff.
I agree about the wounding. I take my ethics seriously. I took the shot at that distance because its one I practice on a consistent basis with consistent success. The shot was in an open area and the deer was broadside. In hindsight, though, I shouldn't have done it. I wasn't steady enough and need to gain some more experience afield before considering a similar shot again.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

well, theres a first time for everything
Old 10-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is a big differance in foam deer and real ones. I don't feel that there is any reason for these shots with a bow.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, as a beginner, you need to wait for a closer shot.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:55 PM

40yds for the first time. That can be a tough shot, depending on angle etc. But be happy, at least you got a chance to shoot. U will learn grass hopper, that just seeing deer can be enough!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't sweat it buddy, do-do happens! Keep your head in the game (focus), learn from your mistakes, and stay after it! If we killed them all, there wouldn't be any to hunt next year.

Good luck on Saturday!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear about the miss! Another chance will come in time and you'll score when the time is right.

Now I am not going to make too much of a comment about the distance of the shot, but I for one can say that I don't think I've ever taken a shot over 30 yards on a live deer. I guess its just personal preference, but if you practice that shot enough, then like I said its all personal decision. Get out there and take another chance!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup what all the guys said above..don't let it eat you up too bad... happens to all of us now or then.. I missed my first buck with a bow.. stuck my arrow right in a log he was straddled...shot low..

Get back in the saddle again and make the next one count..
Old 10-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there rookie, it will get better, try to keep your cool and limit those shots till ya get a couple under your belt, it will all fall into place.

Quick Reply: Well...I Choked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.