Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I want to get a new Bow for 08'

Old 10-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default I want to get a new Bow for 08'

Need a site with some reviews on Bowtech, Hoyt, Matthews ext...
I'mfavoring the Bowtechand the reviews I hear on here about them, make me feel its a good way to go. I want all an around good hunting bow, speed is nice but I've been killing deer with a bow that shoots 236 for 9 seasons. That was after carbon arrows. So any thing around 300 is going to seem like a missle to me. Accuracy is my pet pev.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I want to get a new Bow for 08'

I think my first question after reading your post would be...

What price range are we talking about here?

Bare bow? or....

With accessories?

If price is an issue then I would suggest the new "Rock" bow by Diamond. A parallel limb bow with an IBO speed rating in the 310-318 fps range at the $400 price point. The brace height is still very manageable at 7 inches and yet the bow is still short and compact enough for use in a treestand or ground blind.

If you want a cutting edge design with excellent speed and very forgiving overall characteristics then the Bowtech General would be one of my first choices for a hunting bow. With an 8.5 inch brace height and the new string dampening device the inherent accuracy levels for this bow are excellent. The groups I was putting together with mine were something to be proud of and I do not consider myself a "great shot" by any means.

I have been spending most of my time with the Diamond Marquis right now. The overall shot feel is incredible and the speed this bow is putting out is really astonishing considering how quiet it is. Accuracy levels, again, are excellent for me while shooting in the backyard at the 20 yard target. It is a bit longer than the General and the Rock so it is even easier to balance and aim.

Hope this was a good start for you....
Old 10-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go out and shoot every bow you can get your hands on. IMO it should be which bow you feel was the best for you after shooting it.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: smitdog
Accuracy is my pet pev.
So your against accuracy? [8D]

Old 10-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

No. I should have worded it diffirent. I would rather sacrifice speed to get more accuracy.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know bud, I couldn't resist.....
Old 10-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm still an Oneida fan. I can't get over the fact when I'm standing for the first and last hour of sunrise and sunset I can slip the lower limb in to my front pocket to hold all the weight at the shooting ready position.

Accuracy stuff is BS in my mind. I'm talking from the stand point of all the bows I've shot and between the anchor point/peep sight and front sight it's no more then shooting a shotgun with a shorter range. If it's on and your a good shooter, you can kill everything. I believe it's more to do with mental when you feel comfortable with a certain bow. Your mind can sell you on anything.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

Shoot as many as you can, BUT, make sure you shoot a Ross some where along the line.

You owe it to yourself, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Drenalin pretty much kicks royal tail!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd look at the High Country line - specifically the Iron Mace. Still the best bow on the market -and it's$100 cheaperthan it's nearest competitor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.