Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

butt out

Old 10-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: butt out

I hate Cabelas links, they ruin the page.[&:]

I see no need for it, a quick ring with a good blade and it all comes out with the guts.

Like said above nchawkeye, why would you leave the tenderloins? You can't get to them from the outside.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

Thats funny you mentioned this! I bought one after feeliing like a suckerA sucker I feel no more! That tool does work very well and make that task much easier. I hate to admit it but I did insert it in the wrong hole! I had to give her a hysterectomy to get the damn thing out!I stopped telling people though because my friends that know me think It wasnt an accident[8D]
ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

I used this tool just recently and it works pretty good it makes it easier. when i used it i was rushing and almost put it in hervag and gave her a hystarectomy {sp} . anywa y i'm very satisfied with the tool. anyone else try it out ?

Overall Customer Rating:

4.7 out of 5

Read all reviews Write a review

Read Reviews(29)|Write a Review

Have you used this product?

Be the first towrite a review!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got one this year and used it for the first time on a doe. It works great. I mean great.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:34 AM
Host of Hosts

I have one ,but haven't used it for some reason. I guess I keep forgetting its in the pack, and proceed with the chore like I always did in the past. A sharp knife and some patience.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

You guys are sure easy to bait...I knew when I posted that it would get a rise out of some...I do remove the tenderloins, I just don't gut the deer...

The way I'm set up, I can get a 4.wheeler to just about any deer..I put them on the rack of the 4-wheeler...Take them to the skinning tree, hang...After removing the shouders, hams, backstraps, I make a 5-6 inch incision at the short ribs...Then slide your knife under the tenderloins, slip your fingers inside and you can gently work the tenderlions out of the deer....
Old 10-19-2007, 06:08 AM
BDC
Fork Horn

It's just something else to pack in the woods. It won't be much longer that I will have two backpacks to carry all the new gimmicks.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have one, but have not used it yet. I plan to though.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

i agree i could do it with a knife but i was just giving my review on it i think it made it easier and wasn't that expensive so i think it was worth it
Old 10-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe I'm a sucker but it looks like a damn good idea to me. I hate reaming that cornhole with my knife. It's the most time consuming part of the whole process for me. Why not?Seems like it would save me 3 or 4 minutes.

The one thing I tend to screw up is the bladder. Sometimes I don't get all the connective tissue cut to allow the bladder to come out with the rest of the guts. No big deal other than I have to do some more cutting, being careful not to puncture it.

I agree - the Butt-Out tool will be the subject of a Darwin Award in the near future, I'm afraid. I just hope nobody get's hurt too bad....[8D]