Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wind Speed

Old 10-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wind Speed

It is kind of windy here today, but I really would like to be out hunting. Wind is blowing 26 MPH. What is the max wind speed you all feel comfortable hunting in? Also, how much effect do you notice on your arrows?
Old 10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wind Speed

Mostly, I think it would depend on your setup. Are you fully exposed to the wind (or your shot anyway)? Will you be shooting crosswind most likely? I think I would be uncomfortable in a wind like that, though.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let me add that it is gusts of wind up to 26 MPH. I am in a tree that is along a fenceline, and there are not alot of other trees around. The wind is actually going to be blowing diaganal with me (the direction I want for this setup!
Old 10-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone else?[&:]
Old 10-18-2007, 03:52 PM

JUST GO!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

To windy for me. Deer don't much care for moning when its windy out.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

winds gusting to 46 MPH here in Central IL today. You won't catch me out this evening. 25mph I will and have done.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:11 PM

Depends on how much your tree is going to move and if you can hold the bow on target more than an effect on an arrow in flight. If you've got a large tree and a steady bow arm I'd go.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:19 PM

Wind at close range dosn't make much deffidence on the arrow, but it harder to aim. If it's a long shot you can tilt your upper limb into the wind. If the wind to your right. by Shooting a haft a bubble to lift the arrow will shoot to the right.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just went. I sat in a ladder stand, so I didn't move much. The later it got, the less gusts of wind came through!Nothing was within 100 yards of me. Something big has been walking by my stand sometime while I'm not there. We quite a bit of rain the last couple days, and these tracks were fresh! No I just need to find out when!! I ended up climbing out of the stand about half an hour early because I started to see lightening!! I don't mess around when it comes to lightening and sitting in the tree!!

Quick Reply: Wind Speed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.