Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diamond Marquis 1, Whitetail Doe... 0

Old 10-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Diamond Marquis 1, Whitetail Doe... 0

I told you I was takin' her out last night!

At 6:10 p.m., a group of does which had skirted my standby 150 yardsran back towards my stand to escape the approaching farm truck they heard coming over the hill... and to the saftey of the pleading grunts they had been lifted their way assuring them if they needed an escape route that this was a safe haven... [8D]

They barreled through at almost a full run, slowing just slightly to jump a small drainage ditch. A couple very loud voice grunts finally caught their attention after having eased the Diamond to full draw; one mature doe slammed to a halt offering the only shot of the group: half her shoulder could be seen in front of a large oak which covered the back half of her shoulder and all of her ribs.

I held an inch off the tree trunk, counting on the rock-solid stability of the new Marquis to deliver the accuracy I knew it could... In the blink of an eye, I watched the A/C/C slam through both shoulders, breaking her down and causing a very crippled second and a half death run which ended with a much-too-loud crash. I knew instantly what had happened: She had made it to the river 50 yards in front of my stand dividing the refuge and the farm I was hunting... Great.

I slowly climbed down and found my arrow shaft lying amidst huge splotches of bright red blood. I followed the heavy trail up and over the ditch bank and looked 10 feet down to see my prize lying in the bottom of an almost dry river bottom. Thank goodness this wasn't one of my typically huge Illinois does and the fact that Matt / PA and I have worked on getting our butts in shape this summer! Still, manhandling her straight up 10 feet of dirt riverbank was about all this bowhunter could muster!

It won't be long...

Old 10-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Diamond Marquis 1, Whitetail Doe... 0

congratulations bro! that's awesome! Looks like the boy's taking after his dad well again great job!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats,

Awesome pics, I love the one with your son, nothing like a life like target.

Wayne
Old 10-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hahaha.......that second picture is awesome. Great story and congrats on the doe!!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:18 PM

Congrats on the doe Greg! She's a big 'un. I've actually been thinking about getting another bow this year, if so, it would be one of the Diamonds. I need a back up bow.

Whats that hanging on your shirt pocket flap? Scent control?

Nice lookin' little bowhunter you got there.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:30 PM

Congrats!!! After some use of the new Diamond what is your opinion on it? I cannot wait to shoot the new bowtech line-up!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been waiting on the post ever since the email. Congrats Greg, nice doe and good shot. Is that the official first blood with a Marquis? Beautiful deer, beautiful bow too.

Like above, I love the boy following up with the shots. I had to show the wife, she's still smiling. Good form too.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 PM

And that's how the Nanny Whackers get' er done!! Congrats my friend, and the young'en looks rip roarin ready to go!!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

you may have gotten the first kill with the Marquis.

Quick Reply: Diamond Marquis 1, Whitetail Doe... 0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.