Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diamond Marquis 1, Whitetail Doe... 0

Old 10-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Diamond Marquis 1, Whitetail Doe... 0

That second picture is so cool!!
Nice one Greg!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrats, Greg. Great photos!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

awesome!! congrats!! how long did ya have that thing?? couple days!?! lol...wow

good job...
Old 10-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's great Greg! Congratulations on the deer and more importantly having a great time with the family!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I know, Todd... I may be doing myself in right now...

I grew up playing six hours of tennis a day -- every day -- for almost 10 years. Won countless tournaments and got to that point where it's either go pro or go home, ya know? I'm working with him in front of the house right now (he's 4 now) on the street, and the kid's got pretty good darn form for his age... Heck, if he can make it... he'll be my retirement plan! [8D]

I really can't even remember how we started getting the rackets out... but he loves it, and I'm not pushing him into it. He asks to play all the time. Heck, I've tried to push him into the martial arts, but he doesn't want to have anything to do with it -- right now. But he loves to fight with me, especially after watching UFC!
Sorry I missed your response.

BOTH my kids are black belts in TKO,HOW DUMB AM I?Don't answer that.

My daughter is a dancer and as a 6th grader,had the high school dance coach make a special visit to see her because of reputation she has.She is now 13 and in the 8th grade and can't dance for them untill she is in the 9th grade because of rules but they want her.

Hell,she has danced with the Russian ballet twice now and has never taken ballet.

She is also one heck of a softball player.

My son is an all star no matter the sport.Baseball is his thing and does things that he shouldn't be able to do at 8 or 9 now.He robbed a kid of a homerun with a running jumping catch this summer and that wasn't the amazing part,the amazing part was that the left fielder and he(centerfield) were discussing where every hitter had hit there first at bat and adjusted accordingly.8 years old.

He avearged 17.5 points last season in basketball as a 7 year old and they only allowed 20 in a game.

Check out his 4rth ever inning pitching.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ULLngay-RaQ

and his hitting,first time we worked on this particular hitting style.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NUDZxEKwe3E wiffle balls,don't freak because of no helmet

more hitting
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q7aE2HpzIF4

He uses the video as do I.He loves seeing himself and it is a great teaching tool.

Enough bragging for now.

It really does take it's toll on the hunting though.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

OK Deer slayer now time to shoot that Buck
Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Greg ,. looks like Jr cant wait ti join you in the woods , great stuff
Old 10-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Todd, you've got every right to brag... those are some great stories.

I know what you mean about kids being athletic, too... so far, it looks like my oldest son (can't just say son now that I've got two ) has inherited his Daddy's athleticism... My wife literally claims my natural aptitude and athletic ability is disgusting; I'm just glad it looks like he's got it, too.

It'll sure be interesting over the next few years tosee where his and our choices take us...

Yeah, Frank... just trying topick out a big one!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Todd, you've got every right to brag... those are some great stories.

I know what you mean about kids being athletic, too... so far, it looks like my oldest son (can't just say son now that I've got two ) has inherited his Daddy's athleticism... My wife literally claims my natural aptitude and athletic ability is disgusting; I'm just glad it looks like he's got it, too.

It'll sure be interesting over the next few years tosee where his and our choices take us...

Yeah, Frank... just trying topick out a big one!
Your done,the hunting is just about through,wait untill you get a weeks notice for a regional tournament that sets you back about a grand.[&:]

Seriously,it may not be over but I can tell you spend ALOT of time in the woods,I used too.Now I am lucky to get to hunt on the weekend but that's ok by me.

The sad part is they both love to hunt and both are excellent shots but time is a problem. My daughter got to practice for youth gun season once.We checked the gun on alead sledrest and made sure it was on,then I removed the lead sled and I made her shoot off a roll of towels at 100 yards.She missed the spot by 2 inches.[:-]

Good luck in with the rest of the season and with THEM.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

76 days on stand last year... that's not a lot, is it?

Quick Reply: Diamond Marquis 1, Whitetail Doe... 0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.