Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diamond Marquis 1, Whitetail Doe... 0

Old 10-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Diamond Marquis 1, Whitetail Doe... 0

Congrats on the deer.

Keep him into hunting,don't let him play sports or you'll never get to hunt again.

My son is playing some kind of sport every weekend,although he did get out with me this weekend for youth gunseason but crop rotation is killing my spot.But I did get some better ground but won't be able to hunt it untill after gun season,which should put my son right into the heart of basketball season.[:'(]

Old 10-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know, Todd... I may be doing myself in right now...

I grew up playing six hours of tennis a day -- every day -- for almost 10 years. Won countless tournaments and got to that point where it's either go pro or go home, ya know? I'm working with him in front of the house right now (he's 4 now) on the street, and the kid's got pretty good darn form for his age... Heck, if he can make it... he'll be my retirement plan! [8D]

I really can't even remember how we started getting the rackets out... but he loves it, and I'm not pushing him into it. He asks to play all the time. Heck, I've tried to push him into the martial arts, but he doesn't want to have anything to do with it -- right now. But he loves to fight with me, especially after watching UFC!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Site Bouncer

Boy...It didn't take too long to break the new bow in!! Congrats on the deer, thanks for the photos!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg,

Obviously your son is so talented that he is going straight to traditional archery.

Congrats on the kill with a bow most of us barely know exists. [8D]
Old 10-18-2007, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's the way to break in a new bow. Congrats ona nicenanny, and welcome to the club. They are dropping pretty fast now.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey way to break in the new toy! Congrats. Fine looking boy ya have there..makes it fun to come home huh.

Mines only 3 but he always asks "Didja get a deer today Daddy?" When I say "No, not today buddy" he says "Where they go-ed?" ..always makes me laugh...Hell, I don't know where they go.. I think quietly, to myself!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS MAN!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats Greg on the doe, its nice seeing your son growing a little every year when you post pics, it wont be long and he will be in a tree also. my oldest son is my best hunting buddy and my youngest is starting to show an intrest.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the doe and the bow you lucky dog. I love the pics of your son with his bow too.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics Greg, Nice shot to

Quick Reply: Diamond Marquis 1, Whitetail Doe... 0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.