Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thats IT, I've HAD ENOUGH!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thats IT, I've HAD ENOUGH!

I've been a die hard fixed blade broadhead guy since I started hunting (Montec's, now Strikers) but with all these deer with huge Rage holes, I need to purchase at least three, to test the water. The question is, does it matter if I buy a two, or three blade. What are the "+'s" and "-'s" of each. Enlighten me rage fanatics. Thanks, Kyle.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thats IT, I've HAD ENOUGH!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

I use the Rage 2 blade. I have not shot the 3 blade just for the fact that a my local pro shop guy said they had a few problems with them not opening so I went with the 2 blade. I like them. It just seems like the most humane way to do it anymore.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used the 3-blade last year and had no problem taking 4 deer with them. The blades opened perfectly everytime and produced large holes. BUT the reason I switched to the 2 blade was because if i manually opened the 3blade, by hand, I had problems. If the blades didnt open at the exact same time, i.e.one or two opening before the others it would sort of jam. This didnt happen at all when i shot them but I didnt want to take the chance either.With the two blade it wouldnt matter if they opened at the same time or one after the other. Hence the reason I switched.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bump, I posted late last night.

And thanks for the replys guys.