Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are some UNSAFE actions to learn by?

Old 10-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are some UNSAFE actions to learn by?

Not my story but a buddy of mine. He occaisionally guides goose hunts. Two years ago he and the clients were on the boat heading out. One of the clients apparently didn't engage the saftey on his shot gun. It fell over and shot his prized retriever in the face. My buddy had to drown the dog to end it's suffering.

He ended the hunt and sent the guy a bill for $5k which he paid.

Knowing my buddy I'm surprised he didn't drown the client.

Tom
Old 10-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What are some UNSAFE actions to learn by?

Thats pretty horrible!

that reminds me, a guy that lived up the street from me when I lived in Nebraska was out hunting and laid his gun in the bed of his truck where his lab was and as he was walking around the truck his dog stepped on the gun and it went off and went through the bed of the truck and hit him in the side of the waist, he almost died he was in critical condition for a long time. Sadly almost exactly a year later his wife and 2 year old daughter were killed in a wreck on the interstate... noone should have to ever go through that much