Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So I figured out where the deer go.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default So I figured out where the deer go.

I carried my climber in about 400 yards and set up in a hemlock bog on the edge of a swamp. There are a few oaks but not many nuts. The area had some logging recently. Anyway, I hurried in because I was late. Had been playing golf. Anyway, it was one of those, "let's try something different". It's a small tract of land I have permission to hunt. So I'm sitting about 75 yards from the property line. There's an old logging road at the top of the ridge in front of me on the adjacent land. It's getting close to the right time and I hear a clunk and a vehicle. Heck, I don't know the road was driveable. I put up the binos(I'm at eye level almost with this vehicle. It's a little above me. I see two guys and each has a gun barrell hanging out the window. They're driving slow and quiet with one finger on the trigger I figure. They drive a little past me and stop. The one gun moves for a better position out the door. The other guy gets out and walks around to my side and leans against the vehicle with gun in hand. They look to be like a 300 or 308 and maybe a 243. They're just looking in my woods hoping to see a stupid doe standing in the open I guess. I finally decide to show myself. Since it's smoke pole season I turned my camo hat around and waved the inside blaze orange while watching with the binos. Finally I pulled out a blaze orange vest from my bellows pocket on my pants and wave it. The guys eyes bug out and he hot foots it back to his seat and they were out of there. They've probably been whacking deer in that woods all summer long with their firesticks. This is a remote area. I mean I drove up a dirt road and then in the logging road the owner made and then walked. These guys had to come cross country through some redneck private land further down the road.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]