Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who has shot a fox with their bow?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Who has shot a fox with their bow?

I'd love to have one mounted....but I can't bring myself to shoot one. I see a lot mounted, though.....and was just wondering how many have done this????
Old 10-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Who has shot a fox with their bow?

Never shot a fox. Not many of them running around in Texas. We have them here, but not many. Ive shot several bobcats though. Never mounted one, but have skinned them.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff if you think about how many turkey poults they kill will that help you be able to shoot one?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funny you should mention that, I just picked mine up from the taxidermist this past weekend. I shot him at the beginning of last bow season.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

My dad has shot two. We have the one mounted standing on a horizontal log, it looks neat. I've never had the chance with a bow but i will definitly give it a shot if i see one.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Tex:

I sat my 3rd Saturday in a row without sighting a deer in either my morning or afternoon sit. But....I did see 7 big gobblers, Friday....and 25 assorted turkeys on Saturday afternoon. If I thought they were decimating them, here.....I'd likely have a different outlook.

I saw this little guy (fox) on the last two Fridays in a row. I just can't do it. I don't even know if I have a season on them, here, or not. i haven't even looked. heck it might be a moot point!

I think they look great in people's game rooms, though.....when mounted in the right setting.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you plan to shoot a fox with a bow AND get it mounted.........good luck.[:-] Use the smallest broadhead you can find. Even modest cut head will tear them inside out. You'll cut a lot of hair especially if they are quartering at all. (especially quartering to)

I plan to have the next good red I see mounted but I already plan a little shoulder pedestal style if it's with a bow because I KNOW the broadhead is going to make things impossible for a taxidermist.
Chances are I will just wait until late season when they are primed up and call one in to the shotgun or.22 mag. that way I have the full range of mounting styles available
Old 10-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

I was able to shoot two red fox with the bow. I have the hides to them but I did not get them mounted because they were not prime. They looked alot nicer whe they were walking up to me. None the less it was awesome. I am not sure of your state but here in PA you need a furtakers tag to be able to shoot one.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

We have the one mounted standing on a horizontal log, it looks neat.
Thats the same way mine is mounted

Quick Reply: Who has shot a fox with their bow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.