Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who has shot a fox with their bow?

Old 10-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who has shot a fox with their bow?

ORIGINAL: Wheatley

Bigjim12, Just in case you forgot that is not a horizontal log!
beat me to itNice mount tho!

Given the opportunity I would try and take one with bow.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got a furbearers license last year to take one and got a nice male. I was going to get him mounted, but Matt was right, there was no way my taxidermist could do that patch job (I shot him with a Spitfire). Not to mention it would have been $700. I settled for getting the hide tanned and it looks beautiful. I'd like to get a yote hide for next to it. The shoulder mount doesn't sound like a half bad idea either.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot at two but missed both.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot several foxes while deer hunting. Around here there are tons of foxes and they are looked upon as a nuisence because of killing farmers chickens and such. I am big into waterfowl so I will take a predator any chance I get. Never thought to mount one... I guess around here that would be like mounting a groundhog... hahaha they are pretty though
Old 10-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've shot 2 grays and a really big red w/ the bow. All of them smelled worse than seven days of sin. I sold 2 of the hides for a few bucks,but the 3rd onewas no good.

Spent the money on beer andunchaste women.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

When talking to a friend of mine that is a professional trapper he said the best pelts occur on fox after Thanksgiving (December) to the end of January. If you were to try and get one for mounting, that would probably give you the best looking mount.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:05 PM

Shot one last bow season didnt take long to convince me after seeing one kill a turkey the spring before only problem was when I went to pick it up it had been sprayed by a skunk and was horrible smelling so left it.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:11 PM

That wasn't a skunk that sprayed him that was his own smell. I'm still looking to shoot one up here so I can send it to a taxidermist down south and freak them out. Our foxes are the size of your coyotes.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hope to take a fox this year with my Bow! I had one come thru last season but never offered a shot. I also hope to take another coyote with a Bow again this week! I have way too many around my property!

Old 10-16-2007, 03:06 PM

I shot one last year at 27 yards and missed one this year at 19 yards..... makes a lotta sense...doesn't it?

Quick Reply: Who has shot a fox with their bow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.