Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who has shot a fox with their bow?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Who has shot a fox with their bow?

Thanks, Matt. I just checked.....and I couldn't shoot one if I wanted to until after 11/16. I'd most likely NOT have a small BH in my quiver, anywyas.....and the wife says she don't want to see me coming home with one.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had one bed on an old stump under my tree a few years ago. He curled up and layed his head on his tail. It was one the neatest things I have experienced in the woods. There aren't too many fox around here, so I would rather watch them than shoot them.

However, I don't know about the broadhead ruining it. My dad shot one in Indiana with his bow, had it mounted, and it looked alive.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did about 18 years ago and the mount still looks good
Old 10-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Site Bouncer

Never with a bow....but I did shoot one with a gun. They do make great mounts. There's the little guy in the bottom right of the picture.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I picked up a BEAUTIFUL one a few years back that had JUST been hit by a car in January... talk about a full coat!!

I took him to the taxidermist and wanted him mounted standing on a log with a rabbit in his mouth with his head turned back looking at you... My taxidermist just couldn't get the muses flowing when thinking about having to skin all those little rabbit toes out... . I ended up just letting him have the fox... I really wish now I'd at leat done something with him; he'd look GORGEOUS down here in my game room.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bigjim12, Just in case you forgot that is not a horizontal log!
Old 10-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

killed a couple w/ rifle, never bow. I enjoy hunting them at night in jan when its cold. Theres quite a thrill with being in the woods at night.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I see a lot of foxes while bow hunting. I prefer to try and call them in when I am targeting them in particular. I would sell the fur and I know a Bhead would rip it up.
I would venture to guess shooting foxes illegally in PA has to be one of the most commonly broken laws. Seems like everyone I know has shot one either in bow or gun season. Ask if they have a furtakers, and i've yet to get a postive answer.

Edited
Figured I'd add a little story from this season. I was as close as I;ve ever been to a live fox when one popped from the brush at about 5 FEET. I expected a groundhog, and a little gray popped out. Saw him almost every time I went back to that spot this season.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I usually see Reds every season. This year I haven't yet. I haven't gotten a Fur Bearers license to shoot them in PA and I haven't so it would have been illegal for me to shoot this guy, so I played kissy with him to see if Enigma would spook him, it didn't.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

i have shot one with my bow. It was a grey fox out at our woods,shot it quartering towards me and cut it up so bad i wouldnt even think about trying to get it mounted.

Quick Reply: Who has shot a fox with their bow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.