Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bag that wallet

Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bag that wallet

Just something I thought about over the weekend. How many of you put your wallet inthe pocket of your camo before heading to stand? I always place mine in a ziplock bag first. It is one of those things that may be overlooked when it comes to scent control.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:13 PM

Default RE: Bag that wallet

Good idea, and it will keep it dry. I leave mine in my truck though. I do keep my tags in a zip top bag though.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never even thought about that. All the years I have been hunting and always worry abut scent and I do carry my LEATHER wallet with me. Not anymore. THANKS!!!!!I CANT BELIEVEI NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great idea tx, can't believe I haven't thought of that.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you ever thought of the leather knife cases as well? Try sticking one under your nose. Smell that leather smell? He smells it too, right before you never see him leave.

LT
Old 10-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a camo wallet that I use when I go hunting and I leave me "normal" wallet at home. I just grab my driver's license, some money, and my hunting license / tags and stuff them into the camo wallet. I keep the camo wallet with all my camo clothes that are scent proof.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

You can't be serious?

Man, It's truely amazing that our grandfathers could kill a bunny rabbit with out all of this scent crontrol stuff we have today, much less a buck.

Before too long you guys will be hunting out of a human sized condom with a filtered air mask to allow you to breathe.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

Actually, I thought I wasn't doing enough for scent control until Sunday afternoon. I went out about 7am, no shower or anything else. Put my hunting clothes on that had been laying on the chair all night and sprayed down with Dead Down Wind and sprayed down my new Viper climber I bought and put together Saturday. After getting about 8 to 9ft up a tree I noticed that there was a dead limb hanging down the backside that I didn't see before. I didnt have my saw and wasn't going to pull the stand down and move it so I just decided to hunt at that height. About noon, I heard a rustling over my left shoulder. Two does and a fawn had snuck in behind me and were feeding less than 15ft from my stand, downwind. I didn't have my mask, only my camo Dodge baseball hat on. I turned to see what I thought was a squirrel and the doe looked at me and spring loaded her legs. She bent down and continued feeding with her eyes still locked on me. I blinked, she blew and they were all gone. I had no intention of shooting her at the time, but after seeing her Sat and Sunday and knowing she's extremely jumpy, I'm sticking her next time I see her.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Keep mine in my truck. I only take my bow, therma cell, and calls. Another thing to think about is a watch. Ive seen lots of guys wear watches, and watches stink,.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't bring my wallet in the woods with me, I carry a photo copy of my DLfor ID, along with my hunting license and doe tag. I keep these in a Ziploc in my holder that is sealed with green duct tape!

Quick Reply: Bag that wallet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.