Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bag that wallet

Old 10-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bag that wallet

ORIGINAL: wack

uote:

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

You can't be serious?

Man, It's truely amazing that our grandfathers could kill a bunny rabbit with out all of this scent crontrol stuff we have today, much less a buck.

Before too long you guys will be hunting out of a human sized condom with a filtered air mask to allow you to breathe.

sorry if i piss people off but im with him on this one, a wallet isnt going to spoil a hunt imo.

Ryan.
The only way I see a wallet ruinning a hunt is if you DROP that camo wallet in the woods and can't find it because it's CAMO! lmao I don't bring my wallet into the woods but it really has nothing to do with scent control. It's more about wallet control. I never want to loose my wallet in the woods again, getting all that stuff replaced is a pain in the butt, not to mention sitting on a fat wallet is also a pain in the butt.
I'm with these guys. I don't take mine into the woods for fear of losing it. According to you guys I guess I need to quit takingmy Beech Nut chew and Dr. Pepper into the woods, buy ScentLok clothing, new dryers, and thousands of dollars in Dead Down Wind products... its amazing our forefathers ever killed anything huh?
Old 10-16-2007, 09:16 AM

I have a front pocket wallet that stays with me all the time. I keep my hunting license and my "credit card" truck key in there as well. So, I lock my keys in my truck and just use the plastic credit card key when I get back to the truck. I've killed plenty of deer carrying my wallet in the woods, doesn't seem to affect my hunting.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think air drying your clothes outside is overkill and I really don't take my wallet or car keys out
to the stand cause I don't want to lose them or have them get in the way (not because they stink).
I guess if I had theft issues I would rethink that.

I think that you can definitely go overboard - your bow and equipment smell like oil, grease, but
sometimes there are things that people overlook and an old stinky wallet could be one of them.
I was sitting on a stand 2 years ago smelling my own stinking leather watch band - that isn't good.
You can't really get odor-free, but you ought to make reasonable efforts to do it. The hunter needs
every advantage he can get and even if the deer winds you if it is very low-level, it might not
spook or react as badly.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO one is scent free. It's just smart to do the best you can. You might be able to go out smelling like a resident of the streets and kill a big buck but it's sure not increasing your odds.
I always keep a nice warm pair of bagged scent "free" Coveralls in the truckfor when I get an unexpected chance to hit the woods. It's not perfect but what the heck.
I go thru more scent spray in a season than you would think possible but it's cheap and I hope it covers some of my odor flaws..

PS.. Wife came into the bathroom at 3AM yesterday to find me putting stick deodoranton my butt and B$%#s. She thinks I'm fried.....
Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

S.. Wife came into the bathroom at 3AM yesterday to find me putting stick deodorant on my butt and B$%#s. She thinks I'm fried.....
LMAOROTF! ......and my wife thought I was nuts!
Old 10-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Planter

PS.. Wife came into the bathroom at 3AM yesterday to find me putting stick deodoranton my butt and B$%#s. She thinks I'm fried.....
Don't get it on your hemmorhoids - it burns. Trust me....
Old 10-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

OMG. Ya'll are crazy I don't take my wallet in the woods with me. I have a steel watch band on my hunting watch. The one thing I did notice is the smell of charcoal on my clothes from the Tinks Garment Bag I keep my dream season suit in. Unfortunatly so did a doe lastnight. She didn't spook but came in to about 15 yards and looked up at me in the tree sniffing away at the air. She stared at me for about a minute doing that head weaving thing trying to get me in focus. She then just turned and walked away. I'm shure if I can smell it the deer can too. It just won't trigger the flight responce. I washed all my stuff and put it in a different bag now so we'll see if there is any difference. When I first started deer hunting I used to just shower with unscented soap and shampoo and make sure my cloths were clean. I did alot of ground blind hunting and was NEVER busted. Hell I have had does sticking their noses in the brush blind not 12 inches from me and not spook. I guess I get caught up in all the new gear hype.[:@] Good luck guys and gals.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Don't get it on your hemmorhoids - it burns. Trust me....

Trust someone who puts stick deoderant on his roids? I don't think so. lmoa
Reminds me of the time my dad got the Ben Gay mixed up with the preperation H! A mistake a person will only make once in a lifetime![]

If you guys are so worried about your bum smelling, try using Scent Blocker handi wipes. Much more roid friendly, and can be used as TP if needed. I keep some with my field dressing kit to wash my hands with. I suppose you could even wipe down your wallet with 'em, I wipe down my bow, arrows, knife, ect with 'em. I even use them to clean up my truck with, steering wheel, dash, shifter.....I used to have paper towels and TP in my pack but the handi wipes are more usefull and take up a lot less space. Don't leave home with out 'em. lol
P.S. Ya could have used 'em to wipe off the burning deoderant. Ya want someting to cool down the old roids, try putting your handi wipes in the fridge before using them as TP....WOW, that 'ill wake ya up! LMAO