Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bag that wallet

Old 10-16-2007, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bag that wallet

uote:

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

You can't be serious?

Man, It's truely amazing that our grandfathers could kill a bunny rabbit with out all of this scent crontrol stuff we have today, much less a buck.

Before too long you guys will be hunting out of a human sized condom with a filtered air mask to allow you to breathe.

sorry if i piss people off but im with him on this one, a wallet isnt going to spoil a hunt imo.

Ryan.
The only way I see a wallet ruinning a hunt is if you DROP that camo wallet in the woods and can't find it because it's CAMO! lmao I don't bring my wallet into the woods but it really has nothing to do with scent control. It's more about wallet control. I never want to loose my wallet in the woods again, getting all that stuff replaced is a pain in the butt, not to mention sitting on a fat wallet is also a pain in the butt.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually put it in the leg pouch of my scentlok pants so I don't have to sit on it for 4 hours.

Other things that could stink:

- Your bow grip

- Your wrist sling

- Your release after practicing all summer

- Your backpack

Old 10-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Just keep that wallet inside your ScentLok and you've got nothing to worry about, right?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you really really are trying to be undetected to a deer downwind...then every single item AND your body needs to be as scent free as possible. have you smelled the inside of your grunt call lately? seriously, a couplemonthes of blowing into it can make it reek. Then as stated there is the wallet, watch...and glasses, belt if you use one....the inside of boots regularly need washing, etc, ect.

it also amazes me how many use the same dryer for thier gear as what had just contained scented dryer sheets 30 minutes ago. there is a noticable residue that i can always detect.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

it also amazes me how many use the same dryer for thier gear as what had just contained scented dryer sheets 30 minutes ago. there is a noticable residue that i can always detect.
Wow! Now we need two different dryers in our house. One for regular clothes and one for hunting clothes.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good point, I keep my licenses separate on me, and leave my wallet in my gear box in the car.

I do put my camera in a Zip-Loc, but that is for rain.

Same thing with watches. An old leather watch band can reek. I could ward off vampires with my
old one.[8D] So I bought an all stainless watch this year.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow! Now we need two different dryers in our house. One for regular clothes and one for hunting clothes.

I have one Bought the wife new oneI kept the old for hunting gear
Old 10-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

Dang I better put my gun in a plastic bag during gun season because it really reeks of oil and powder.
I would if you are shooting deer at 10 to 30 yards. I kinda shoot them from 50 yards on out with a rifle, so its not an issue.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Hmmm, I thought the good Lord provided the first drier. I hang dry my hunting clothes. I thought that was a general practice.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Burnie, I hang dry all my hunting clothes from a fig tree in the yard.

Probably creeped some neighbor out at dark to see a human figure in the tree peaking over the fence.

Quick Reply: Bag that wallet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.