Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I know everyone has similar stories.......

Old 10-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Default I know everyone has similar stories.......

I had an occasion, last week......2 does in my set....and they went away from me. They fed back towards me....and went behind a lower branch on an adjacent tree. When they did this....they were only about 10 yds....and I came to full draw. "When" they stepped out.....they'd be in a perfect shooting lane.

The next time I saw these 2 deer.....they were 30yds away....and entering into a horse pasture. There was NO WAY they could get to where they were without making a peep.....or without me seeing them get there. Yet.....there they were.

Aren't they amazing creatures?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I know everyone has similar stories.......

Gmmat,

I had a smiliar story. I had a deer come right into my setup about 3 years ago. Stopped behind an evergreen. All the deer had to do was walkout to offer the chip shot right where I had put my block target to practice. I was at full draw waiting for the step. Next thing I know the deer does step out but 25 yards further away. Just outside of my comfort zone.

It seems the deer went behind the tree and walked straight back under the cover of the tree before turning back in the original direction and stepping out.

Just odd the way it happened because I was expectingthe deer to be close.

Tom
Old 10-15-2007, 12:21 PM

Haha I know what you are saying. I had a nice 9pt come in from behind me. I stood up when he was about 10yards just to the right of me but out of sight. I waited and waited and waited next time i saw him he was 70 yards in front of me in the food plot on the other side!!! How did I not hear him walk away or not see him cut across an open food plot I will never know. But thats why I love it, you never know when they are going to pop up.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Dominant Buck

There was a post a while back about how we determine when a deer is "coming". I think I HEAR them about 9/10 of the time. When they're this stealth....it amazes me.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

magic...
Old 10-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just think how many ghost by..that we never see!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Dominant Buck

I hear ya, GR8. I had a doe walk right by me the other day.....inside 20 yds....and I thought the same thing. She never mad a PEEP...and it hasn't rained her ein a LONG time. She was walking a dry creek bed.

I don't even wanna think how many I've never seen.....especially at a little further distance. With all these leaves still on the trees.....it's impossible to know.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

And if the Does do that, think how many Bucks we never see. They are amazing Jeff. I had 5 show up under me at 15 yds week before last without making a sound. Totally amazing.

LT
Old 10-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

Had two does and a fawn walk up behind me feeding Sunday about 15ft and I didn't hear them until one started digging the pine needles, I thought it was a squirrel. They were so close I could see a wet nose on one of the does.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

They are amazing that way but even more amazing are turkeys, specifically gobblers, they go behind a tree.....never to be seen again.[&:]

Quick Reply: I know everyone has similar stories.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.