Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Waste of time hunting in a light steady rain?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Waste of time hunting in a light steady rain?

or not?

Yes I know I can't kill any from my couch but I also don't wanna be out there if the success rate is next to nothing. What do you guys think?

Conditions: 55 degrees, light 4-5mph wind, steady light rain
Old 10-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Waste of time hunting in a light steady rain?

Deer will move in a light rain. Will move even more right after the rain.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would wait until it just before it stops, I'm hoping it will by the morning! It's best hunting just before and just after a storm! If its a good long rain?snow I would time it to be out there before its coming to an end! With all the high winds this past week I was out Friday morning when it died down and had alot of movement!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

keep in mind, this is not drizzle I'm talking about, and there are no breaks in the forecast. would you then still go out? got about an hour to decide.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:03 AM

I would go out in it if you have stand close to the bedding areas now is the time to use it.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Deer movment will increase during a LIGHT rain...........I would be in the woods.........If it is more than a light rain or the winds are high, that will stop movement til the storm subsides.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am having the same conditions here in Minnesota today, and I will be going out in about an hour regardless of the rain. My hunting time is down to just weekends now, so I will go any chance I get. I went out early in the season, and it rained the whole time I was on stand, ( sometimes pooooooring) and that has been my best day so far this year as far as deer sightings.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

These Ameristep umbrellas are real nice for hunting in the rain. They keep you AND your equipment dry. I hunted all day in the rain in Illinois last year with one of these and I saw quite a few deer. And I stayed dry and warm. My bow stayed dry too which is nice.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

My goodness Id have been in a tree with those weather conditions. I hunted a day just like that last week, well it was steady mildly heavy rain. It rained almost the entire time I was in the woods. Had countless doe and buck up on their feet. I saw more deer that day than I ever have in the woods(not counting a field). At least 30 deer walked near my stand
I agree with droptine249. I think a light rain is the best time to see deer, they will be up moving and feeding. My favorite time to hunt.

Quick Reply: Waste of time hunting in a light steady rain?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.