Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whistling slick tricks?

Old 10-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Whistling slick tricks?

Anyone notice a whistling out of their slick tricks? I bought two packs of 100 gr. mag slick tricks this summer. The whistle quite noticably. I am currently shooting NAP spitfires from last year until I can figure out what the deal is on these broadheads. Also shot some 3 blade muzzy 100 gr. and they don't whistle. Is there any cure for these noisy broadheads.

Thanks
Old 10-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whistling slick tricks?

SHoot them at a deer..... its the whistle of death.[:-]
Seriously they all whistle and I haven't had a deer do anything about except bleed.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

I won't shoot them like that. I think a noisy bow, arrow, broadhead, anything will likely cause a deer to jump or duck an arrow. I like wisper quiet stuff, never had a problem with a deer moving before my arrow gets to him. I'd love to shoot them but not with them making noise.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:24 PM

I noticed the whistle too. Just try really locking the heads tight on your arrow. That seemed to help mine. Really torque those babies down on your arrows.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Just try really locking the heads tight on your arrow. That seemed to help mine. Really torque those babies down on your arrows. [align=right]
[/align][align=right][/align][align=right][/align][align=right]Unfortunatley that did not help mine. Oh well, I tried. [/align][align=right][/align]
Old 10-15-2007, 06:20 AM

Are you sure it is the BH that is whistling? It could be the fletching; I assume you have shot these arrows with field points without a whistle. Try taking the BH completely apart and re-assemble it, the blades may not have seated just right, and as Midwest said; makesure they are locked down tight.

I have shot the Slick Trick 100's without any problems, don't give up on a fine head like ST.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ever stood off to the side about 20 yardsof someone else shooting. They ALL whistle when flying down range. Even field tips and blazers.

The deer will never hear that arrow shooshing through the air as it is coming directly at them. I have also never known a deer to be scared of the sound ofwind even if they could hear the arrow.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I noticed it the very first shot i used Slick Tricks. For some reason they havent done it since. Very nice broadhead i will add.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

I have had my cousin shoot this bow while I stood of to the side 15 yards out while he was shooting 20 yards. Its quiet, I hear no whistle. That was with field tips. I'll have to have him shoot it while I listen with those Spitfires and Slick Tricks. Maybe I'll try them again, I'll take em apart and try again. I'd really like to use em, they shoot awesome and are very sharp. I dunno, maybe I can get them lined out, we'll see.

Thanks for the suggestions
Old 10-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

Don't worry. I shoot slick trick at deer and elk and they didn't even notice. All they did was bleed.