Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

More 2008 bow model talk.....

Old 10-13-2007, 03:56 PM

Default More 2008 bow model talk.....

While working at the shop today, my owner told me the Elite Rep called yesterday. Apparently, Eilte has been bought by some big company (he didn't say whom) and that.....I guess it's Kate, but I'm not sure, he just said "The woman that was running it"........Isn't involved anymore.

They apparently have filed for a patent on a ROUND WHEEL that is producing arrow speeds in the 330's, and they have a "binary cam" ( I use quotes because I don't know the actual name for Elite's cams) producing arrow speeds in the 360's......

Hoyt is also sending us 4 of their new bows this year. They sound good as well. They have apparently come up w/ new cams, and have a couple screamers as well. They didn't give us model names, just brace height, ATA and speed ratings. Their fast bow is shooting 340, I believe is what he said. Anyway, we should have some of both Elite and Hoyt in our shop in the next 2 weeks.

I sure hope I can whack a buck w/ myVectrix before then, because I have a sneaking suspicion I'll have a new bow by mid-November....All in all, it sounds like it could be a stellar year for bows again.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:01 PM

Default RE: More 2008 bow model talk.....

I just stay amazed how they come up with all this new technology every year. Next year we will be shooting bows over 400 FPS.[8D]

I have actually been thinking about buying another bow myself. I need a backup bow...umm...not really...I just want another bow.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is this 360 talk positive?

The Hoyt's I heard in the 330-335, the 340 would be awesome though. Whatever it is you can guarentee that it's a 6" BH.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

The Hoyt's I heard in the 330-335, the 340 would be awesome though. Whatever it is you can guarentee that it's a 6" BH.
Nope. It's a 7" brace height, and in fact, I think he said 7 1/4", but I KNOW it was at least 7.

The 360 talk came from the rep. We don't have one in yet, but when we do, I'm gonna see what we can get out of it.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

Nope. It's a 7" brace height, and in fact, I think he said 7 1/4", but I KNOW it was at least 7.

The 360 talk came from the rep. We don't have one in yet, but when we do, I'm gonna see what we can get out of it.
mobo .... as I understand, the higher the brace height, the more forgiving with those higher speed bows ..... why is that? torque issues?
Old 10-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

What I hear, is basically a 5 foot faster cam.

here is the Vulcan made over.

33" ata 6" bh 330 fps

that's what I have seen.

7" BH, 340 would be very impressive.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:24 PM

Tony, it's a matter of how long the arrow is on the string. If a bow draw length is 30", and the brace height is 7 inches, the power stroke of the cam is 23". Now make that brace height 6", and the power stroke of the cam is 24".......The arrow is on the string longer, giving the archer a longer amount of time to mess something up.

Also, higher speeds are just less forgiving, and a lower brace height=more speed. A little flinch while shooting an arrow at 250 fps won't really be noticed, but try that with an arrow flying 330...You'll miss your mark by a couple inches.

Another problem w/ short brace heights.........The string is more apt to smack your arm. Some folks simply cannot shoot a short BH because of that, the string will hit their arm every time. That's where your STS systems and the like help out, they stop the string AT brace, instead of allowing the string to go beyond brace. If the string goes beyond brace by much, it could very well smack your arm. I've had folks w/ that problem, we install an STS.....voila. Problem solved.

Now, some of this is moot, because bow companies are making their bows inherently more forgiving anyway. A short BH bow is much more shootable than a short BH bow of 5 years ago.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:26 PM

I know cougs, and when he told me that I immediate said they must have designed a new cam. They have. I don't know if it's adjustable or not though. And I'm getting this info second hand, I wasn't the one that talked to the rep, the owner was. He is who told me. I won't know for sure until I get one in my hands, but they should be awfully sweet.

And the Vulcan is only 325 fps IBO, not 330.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Was just looking at Elite's web site. They have one new bow listed for 2008.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:31 PM

Yes, I just saw that as well. This is all pretty new apparently, and they aren't in circulation just yet. It's liable to be a couple weeks before they show up on the website, dealers don't even have them yet.

Quick Reply: More 2008 bow model talk.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.