Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

More 2008 bow model talk.....

Old 10-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: More 2008 bow model talk.....

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

And the Vulcan is only 325 fps IBO, not 330.
This I know Mobow. Note I said, the new cam is about 5 feet faster. I'm guessing same Vulcan looks but with new cam, same BH and everything.

The reason I say 5ft faster is because the Vectrix XL equivalent, in specs, is also 5 ft faster.

I'm positive that these are going to be draw length specific.

However they are going to come out with a couple adjustable models, maybe bring back another Ultra-Tech type model, that would be sweet.

They are also making a little speed demon of a Youth/Womens bow, IBO'ing at 284. Note the Trykon Sport is only a 264 ibo, that's going to be a big seller.

They Trykon should be and probably will be completely dropped from the lineup, they couldn't have sold many of those things. Because they Zephyr cams aren't even in the same ballpark as the Vector cams.

However, I think I talked my shop owner into talking to Elite and getting them into the shop. I wouldn't mind having a speed demon, 3D/Hunting bow. Another 60# limb model that screams.

My XL will shoot 277 on 61#, 28.75" draw, and a 360gr arrow. That's maxed out with 60" limbs, you pick up alot more performance maxed out like that. That's why I'm hooked on 60# bows, that's all you need, especially for scrawny guys like me
Old 10-13-2007, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

What I hear, is basically a 5 foot faster cam.

here is the Vulcan made over.

33" ata 6" bh 330 fps

that's what I have seen.

7" BH, 340 would be very impressive.
Well buddy the above quote would be why I corrected that.....
Old 10-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

With those high speeds you'vegot to give up something. If you want 340 fps with a 7.5 inch brace height, you'll be shooting a bow with a VERY aggressive draw force curve and basically no valley. UNLESS they made a technological breakthrough that allows them to push the bows efficiency into the 90-95% range.

Go to Huntersfriend.com and read the article about the 400 fps bow. It does a real good job explaining the theoretical limits of bow speed and the tradeoffs that go into getting those high speeds. It's all about the draw force curve and efficiency.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/bow-review-400-fps-bow/400-fps-compound-bow.htm
Old 10-14-2007, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our rep should be bringing the new hoyts bythe shopthis week. I will give a report after I get to shoot them.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:49 AM
Bartender

Now were talking please do. PM me first so I know lol
ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

Our rep should be bringing the new hoyts bythe shopthis week. I will give a report after I get to shoot them.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh Oh me me me , Do I detect a raised hand Fraley??? Just kidding. I believe that tomorrow the reps are meeting at the factory and will start going out to shops from there to show the new lineup. We are expecting a visit from the rep towards the end of the week. The anticipation is killing me too!!!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

thats cool.. ive been thinking of picking up a new bow so i can have two... and for this reason only.. 2 days before opening day i was target shooting.. and wiping down my weapon..and low and behold.. friggen muther hukin cracked limb..

and 2 bows are better then one