Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Every shot huh?

Old 10-13-2007, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Every shot huh?

dmen,

Thanks for the apology. I also apologize. This is kind of a hot button for me, and some times I let me alligator mouth overload my canary butt.

I can understand about having bad days. We all have them. No harm done. Everybody blew off what steam they had.

Mike
Old 10-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

Well, dmen or should I say "gman" (gay man). I'm in the deer woods more than in the shrub hunting birds, but I DO hunt birds with my dog. If my dog chased a deer past your stand and you shot her, you better hope your camo is amazing and I can't find you.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

SSS
Old 10-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Fork Horn

I GOT TO PAGE TWO AND THAT IS ABOUT ALL I CAN STAND, ARE YOU GUYS HUNTERS OR ******S? I LIVE IN THE SOUTH, OWN HUNTING HOUNDS AND BOW HUNT.TIME OUT ,LET ME COOL OFF!! CALM DOWN ! Do you have morphine arrows or something. YOU ARE A HUNTER .You go out to kill, Killing is not moral inthe anti's eyes, it is not justified in the anti's eyes. BUT, AS A HUNTER, IT IS JUSTIFIED AND A GOD GIVEN RIGHT. This is what we,as hunters, have the rightto do. If you start separating us in to categories. YOU are an Anti-Hunter, Because YOU have put an Animal above yourselfandYOU are telling me that a dog should be more sympathetic than YOU, again putting an animal above yourself. I have raised hounds for 16 years, one out of every ten might jump on a deer. Most will stop running it after it is wounded or bleeding. So before you go hating on something you have no concept of,E-mail me and let me enlighten you. [email protected]STAND TOGETHER OR FALL BY YOURSELF!!!!! YALL DONE RAN ME HOT!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:14 PM

Woah guys. It's hunting season, let's all take a deep breath and relax a little. [8D]
Old 10-15-2007, 11:51 PM

Keith, congrats on doing the good dead and taking out the injured fawn. I guess the bright side of things is that, that will sure be some good meat.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

I first want to commend you for doing the right thing with that fawn! Where I live in South Dakota we a pack of wild dogs that causes numerous people/farmers problems. I have twice encountered groups of them while pheasant hunting in a particular area. I could never bring myself to shoot at them, even though they are wild they still look like the neighbors pets. Last fall a farmer had been having some trouble with these dogs and one day took a shot at what he thought was one of the dogs in a field next to his property, that dog turned out to be the 10month old puppy of his neighbors kids that had gotten loose. Just goes to show ya that just because a dog is in the woods doesnt necessarily make it wild or a deer chaser.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: snake123

ORIGINAL: cptleo1

I conceder ANY dog fair game in the deer woods
You're a sick person and it's that attitude right there that brings grief to hunters every year from the Anti's. IMO someone needs to shoot you
I can't believe that this user has not been deleted. I don't care what your stance is on dogs, you can't say things like that.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:34 AM

Packs of wild dogs are 2 x's as worse as coyotes. We had , basically, an entire town hunting down a pack of wild dogs few years back.. the dogs were killing goats, calves, horses, sheep!! you name it. Got out of hand and people were then fearful of their children..

I say, you have to do what you have to do.

This coming from an active rescue volunteer... I always said if I ever had been put in a situation where I had to kill to protect, I would.... Same holds true with this.. If I had dogs attacking my neighbors goats and had an opportunity to take the dog out.. I would in a New York minute.

What happens if that pack wanders onto a church lot ? a playground ? they see prey , they go after it. Dog, cat, rabbit, child.. etc..

A clearly visible collar; the animal would be trapped.

This could turn into a never ending argument.