Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Every shot huh?

Old 10-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Every shot huh?

ORIGINAL: dmen

Deepdiver are you for real, If you couldn't control your dog I would plug you and then your dog, nothing worse than someone with the attitude, well my dog can't read so you can't whack em.If hes on my land I can do whatever I want, that is the privilige of owning land.
it's truely a shame that you imbreds are preaching about the right to shoot a dog. Regardless of public or private land. I personally don't keep a collar on my pitbull, which is an inside dog, so let me guess that gives you the right to shoot it because it doesn't have a collar? Or maybe the dog possibly broke the collar getting lose? So it's fair game? I assure you that I'm not the only one out there who feels the same way and anyone who doesn't....then you need shot. I welcome you to bring that attitude around my kneck of the woods, bascially where everyone hates wild game for destroying crops, I guarantee you would get the arrow or bullet right after the dog.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:36 PM

Deepdiver are you for real, If you couldn't control your dog I would plug you and then your dog, nothing worse than someone with the attitude, well my dog can't read so you can't whack em.If hes on my land I can do whatever I want, that is the privilige of owning land.
The "priviledge" of owning land does not give you the right to kill indescrimately. Obviously you know nothing about the law, civil or criminal.

Maine law:

§ 3951. Killing for assault permitted
Any person may lawfully kill a dog if necessary to protect that person, another person or
a domesticated animal during the course of a sudden, unprovoked assault. [1997, c. 690, §34 (amd).]]
Section History:
1987, c. 383, § 3 (NEW). 1997, c. 690, § 34 (AMD).

§ 3953. Stealing, injuring or killing dogs
Except as provided in section 3951 and Title 12, sections 7504 and 7505, and unless the killing is justified to protect persons or property, any person who steals, confines or secretes, willfully or negligently injures or willfully or negligently kills a dog is liable in damages to its owner in a civil action. [1987, c. 383, §3 (new).]]

That means that unless a dog is attacking a domesticated animal or person, you have no right to shoot it. The second part means that if you do, the owner of said dog will be able to collect from you in court with almost no questions asked.

As for shooting at a hunter, I certainly would think twice about shooting at one of these old time hunters carrying a .22. I have seen these old boys put a single round through a coons eye with open sights at 100 yards. You probably wouldn't be hard to miss.

Maine may or may not have a right to retrieve law, I couldn't find it very quickly, but it certainly is very specific on when you can kill an animal.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:39 PM

If you are any kind of coon hunter at all, you would know the difference of when your dog is on a coon or on trash. So, in my opinion, a good coon dog and a good owner combined would never run a deer to begin with.
A.) She was a pup at the time.

B.) I can assure you that it only happened once.

C.) She was back the second she heard me whistle for her...about 5 seconds after I realized what she was running.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Host of Hosts

You're a sick person and it's that attitude right there that brings grief to hunters every year from the Anti's. IMO someone needs to shoot you

Who's sick? Kinda a hypocrite aren't ya? You whine about shooting a dog then turn around and say a human being should be shot. Hmmmm!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

You guys crack me up. You are arguing about shooting dogs in the woods on whether it is ok or ethical or whatever. And your doing it by threatening each other. Who is the wiser one here? The guy who wants to shoot a dog or the guy who wants to shoot the hunter or both. Why cant you just argue the point without saying oh if I see you Im gonna shoot you or Im gonna plug fluffy if I see him. It is called survival for animals, its what they do. I hate the fact that dogs could get a bigger buck than me but it is their nature.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with aldo88 you guys crack me up too. what is this going to accomplish. if someone feels justified in shooting a dog that is on their property chasing deer, you threateningthem on the internet is not going to stop said person. my dad has killed one wild dog on our property and the reason he did was because he seen it attack the landowners dog and take downa deer. so what did you expect him to do let it run and possibly take down more animals. i don't think so. so to each his own, if you feel justified in killing a dog on your property then do so, but that is their choice and most people will not change their minds. but that is just my 2 cents
Old 10-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Typical Buck

my uncle used to have 4 or 5 deer pinned up in his back yard. he raised them from fawns andhad the permits and all was legal. Well the neighbors had 2 dogs that would get on the outside of the pin and run the deer up and down it. well he ran them off a couple times, and told the owner to keep them away or he'd shoot them.

Well he wentout there one morning and they had ran a deer in the pin so much that its heart blew up basically. Next time he saw those dogs in his yard, he popped themboth....andguess what he did.... he laid themon the neighbors doorstep!!! She called thesheriff and the warden but they basically said too bad
Old 10-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

You're a sick person and it's that attitude right there that brings grief to hunters every year from the Anti's. IMO someone needs to shoot you

Who's sick? Kinda a hypocrite aren't ya? You whine about shooting a dog then turn around and say a human being should be shot. Hmmmm!
You actually call someone that would shoot a dog a human being? The sad part is that the dogs that get killed are actually probably 10X smarter than half the individuals on this site preaching that it's perfectly fine to shoot a dog. Call me a hypocrite if you will, I won't lose any sleep over it. Promise!
Old 10-13-2007, 07:20 PM

Congrats on the fawn!

As far as the dog subject goes; some of you should be ashamed. Its a dog's nature to chase a deer, squirrel, rabbit, etc. Shooting them is not the answer. A good reason I keep my dog pinned up more during deer season. Idiot hunters!
Old 10-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

i was way out of line last night and I apologize, it was one of those days where everything went wrong and I was at the boiling point,

Quick Reply: Every shot huh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.