Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Smorgasbord (sp?) of game, this morning

Old 10-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Smorgasbord (sp?) of game, this morning

I don't shoot the practice heads.
What do you do with them? Feel like sending them my way?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Bob:

I'm talking about the Muzzy practice replacement blades. I have a few in 125gr that you are more than welcome to.....but you'll need your won heads.

Let me know.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

GR8, shame you missed the $9.99 special the Ganders had on the Snypers....I missed them too.[&:]
Old 10-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a great total hunt!

On a serious note: Does it ever get old for you? I just can't imagine being able to go out and pretty much be guaranteed a shot opportunity almost every time out. Does the excitement go away? Or do you still get pumped up when you are about to shoot?

I understand what you are trying to accomplish with managing your herd and I'd do the exact same thing if I were you. But does it start to feel like "work" instead of "fun"?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Fair qustion. Yes. Sometimes it feels like work....but that's the HUGE minority of the time. 25 hunts in the spring for a bow turkey felt like work....lol (but I loved every one of them).

It took me a long time to find the deer I knew were there. I hunted about 1/2 of the '05 season and didn't find them. I found them last year about the end of Sept......and I continued (and continue) to find travel routes I didn't know they were taking....based on the time of the season. They change up a LOT.....even on an admitted small group of tracts.

I sat 5 times this year without seeing A deer. I know that's not much to many....but it was a record, for me. I think I had 11 sits last year without a sighting.....with 4 of those being in a row. When I don't see them for a while....I know they've either switched up routes.....or they're patterning ME (or both).

I have few stnd sites tht I utilize when I'm not seeing anything. These sites allow me to view a large area (especially after leaf drop).....and it aids in the next sit. I had a good idea theyd come today. I knew I hadn't been in this spot since my stand was stolen 2 weeks ago. I also knew if I didn't have a shot opportunity....I coud see for a good ways, today....and it might have helped me set up, tomorrow.

Yeah....I still get super excited to go hunting....and to be hunting. If I didn't....I'd go back to golf.

Fair question, though. I DO feel pressure to accomplish my goal.....but that's nothing new. I alsways feel pressure from within (not external) to accomplish goals. Hope I always do. I guess this is "drive".

Old 10-12-2007, 11:12 AM

Congrats Jeff on the doe. Nothing more rewarding than sitting in stand and watching all of the critters wake up for the day, and putting a deer on the ground, well thats just an added bonus. Congrats.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Job Jeff....I will be down for breakfast (backstraps and eggs)
Tim
Old 10-12-2007, 11:48 AM

Sounds good Jeff. I didn't see any deer and I missed a turkey. Shot right under it.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats again,Jeff ....... think about us WNYorkers as our season opens tomorrow!
Old 10-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Dominant Buck

What... NO DOUBLE????? You're loosing your touch youngun. LOL Congrats Jeff.

Quick Reply: Smorgasbord (sp?) of game, this morning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.