Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

to big for a safty harness what should i do

Old 10-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default to big for a safty harness what should i do

i am 375 pounds and to big for a safty harness . I have failed to find a harness that will hold my weight i am a big guy but tall. and built not just big and round. I tryed on the one i got with my standand it fits kinda but when i standup i can not stand all the way because it is not tall enough

I have looked at the H.S.S harness but they only go up to 300

what should i do

i do not like not wearing aharness even at only 12 feet

Old 10-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: to big for a safty harness what should i do

Well I don't know any stands made for 375 pounds either. I'd say it's time to start hunting from the ground or back away from that buffet.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have been lossing weight i do not go for the buffet usaly the food suck don't eat fast food onlyome cookedhealthyfood

i weighed 450 at one time

i havea2 man stand from wal mart that is rated for 500 pounds
ORIGINAL: davidmil

Well I don't know any stands made for 375 pounds either. I'd say it's time to start hunting from the ground or back away from that buffet.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:18 PM

with all due respect, if you're that big you probably shouldn't be in a tree stand.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto what others have said. BUT, if you insist, you could probably get a custom harness made. Check a climbing store that caters to rock climbers. They have webbing and heavy duty sewing machines and could probably fabricate something for you. Unless you have TREMENDOUS upper body strength you won't be able to pull yourself back up onto a stand should you fall and be dangling from a harness. Look into a good ground blind and get home safe and sound. Good luck.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:24 PM

a 2 man stand is alittle safer than others....i wont even wear mine in my 2 man stand..though it is a good idea...i think you should be fine in the stand but i do suggest on maybe hunting on ground if you think you are going to fall asleep in the stand....ladder stands are safer than hang ons and climbers....good job on the weight loss so far..keep it up...best of luck to you in the season
Old 10-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

how about a saftey belt? they are not the best or the most safe, but its better than nothing.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

how about this http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/product.php?productid=164&cat=2&page=1
Old 10-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Like others have said the two man stand is a great stand and you should be find but if you dont like not wareing a harness in it try going to a climer shop like some one else has stated. O and also great job on the wait loss I bet you fell alot more comfertible hunting now.

Hope you get the buck of the life time

Tbone
Old 10-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Site Bouncer

I'm 325lbs and I use the HSS.I figure it has slightly more weight capacity that what's listed. You might me pushing that envelope at 375 so I would look for a lineman's harness. The kind steel workers use, it will support you and then some.It may cost a little more but they are built strong and in large sizes.

Quick Reply: to big for a safty harness what should i do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.