Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good Luck Southern NYer's

Old 10-11-2007, 06:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Good Luck Southern NYer's

I won't be able to hunt Saturday, have to ref three football games. Be safe and good luck.

Couple questions.

Have you ever seen the tress still thgis green at this time of year?

How is the rub scraping activity in your area's?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Good Luck Southern NYer's

Have you ever seen the tress still thgis green at this time of year?

How is the rub scraping activity in your area's?
Yes, last year at this time we had an unexpected ice storm with the leaves green. Caused major damage and I couldn't get out at all for the first two weeks.

Rub/scrape activity not that great.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

TTT, This got buried quick yesyerday,maybe I should have put it in the NE forum.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck Atlas, NYB,bob and others

If I recall Atlas has had some great opening days!!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. There's a lot of rub activity in the area, but not so many scrapes. This cold frond should have the deer moving though .
Old 10-12-2007, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

THe leaves do appear to be green later, at least from what i have observed in teh past. I have not seen a single scrape or rub on my property. Its a small piece but it traditionally has loads of buck activity. I scouted the public land that i hunt and didn't find a whole lot of sign either. According to Deer an Deer hunting the rut activity will kick off around the 25th or 26th. So I am not expecting to see the big boys, but I would welcome a suprise. I like the weathe rthough. low 40's sounds fun to me.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, we're looking forward to it. On a side note, my partners Parker went on him last Sunday (limb crack) [&:]. I ended up giving him my only compound which was my Darton Tundra Extreme (well I still have two bear kodiaks - remember them). We had to wait one day for a module to get here that fits his draw length. It hasn't been shot though in three years. But it's shooting real decent for him. I bet he takes a bruiser with it.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck and be safe boys! It's finally here. I'll be in the woods ALL weekend. Maybe my wife will be able to tolerate living with me again now that hunting season has started[:-]
Old 10-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Maybe my wife will be able to tolerate living with me again now that hunting season has started[:-]
Mine cant wait till im gone
Old 10-12-2007, 11:03 AM

Thanks and you too when you finally get out. Will be in the woods all weekend as well. I have a Journal imi starting on this forum the Bowhunting one so you all keep posted. I have a 160" 20" spread deer im lookin at taking tommorow morning =). You all keep in touch and good luck.

as for the rub's / scrapes....not much activity here in Unit 8h and 8n....few and far between but i have seen the bucks running together alot.

Quick Reply: Good Luck Southern NYer's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.