Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Great Night (longer)

Old 10-10-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Great Night (longer)

Well got to the woods late tonight around 5:45. I took about 5 steps into the woods and bobm two deer a doe and a young fawn troting buy about 30 yards away. I though there might being somthing behind them so I drew back and squated down. Literally as soon as I hit my anchor, a hurricane erupted in the wood about ten yards away there does are bolting right at me! Then the craziest thing I have ever experinced happened. The first doe ran right into my right shoulder not inceredibly hard but I felt her nose squish in a little bit. When she hit me the others dodged around her and she followed while I was still in the exact same spot still at full draw sitting with my mouth wide open and not knowing what to do next. So, I sit there and I sit there and I sit right there. I sat there until I decided I was going to leave due to my tardiness I had decided that I was just to late. Then two more does walk by very casually so I decide to go out to my stand anyway (funny how fast I am abelt o change my own mind). After ten minutes in the stand another group of does walk by at about ten yards. So at this piont I can not believe what is happening. So here I sit as happy as I could be while I see another deer following the paths right toword my stand. When it reaches around tweenty yards I see about ten turkey headed right at me. I pick my spot and watch a old hen walking right toward the lane. Then out of the corner of my eye I catch the long beard entering the woods just to the left of my small opening. So I let the hen pass by and hoping to get a shot at the big dog. So I sit a full draw again for about 3 min.(felt like an eternity). The long beard was not budging so I had to let down. I could not tell if he was still help up behind a bush or if he had jumped ship so I leaned a little left onlt to see his head poop up right in the clearing. He spotted me and wabled off till next time. This is what I dream about.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Great Night (longer)

Sounds like a fun hunt. Now that is up close and personal. Don't know if I want to mess with the deer over there. Seems like this cool weather is helping everyone out.

Wayne
Old 10-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Great Night (longer)

Yeah that was a great hunt! You had some serious action going on, I can't wait until the morning sit!