Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

See fletchings at impact....HONESTLY

Old 10-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: See fletchings at impact....HONESTLY

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I don't know!

That;s hard for a non-bow-head to read.

For the most part,he said what I have said.He did get really confusing with the arrow speed stuff but it was interesting.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

That was more then I could follow tonight. Sometimes something that seems to be so simple can be so difficult.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SCBigBuckHunter

That was more then I could follow tonight. Sometimes something that seems to be so simple can be so difficult.
That's why I tell people just to shoot it for the horizontal distance and forget about it.

If you compete in field archery,this program would be a valuable tool to learn from and help on the course.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Typical Buck

I've only shot one so far with a bow and it was almost straight down. It was too close, I didn't even know I hit until I saw the buck run off and the fletching sticking out. It wasn't a passthru.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

On every animal I've ever killed with a bow, I can not recall ever seeing the arrow hit the animal. I think I'm so focused on aiming and executing the shot that I don't watch the arrow fly. Even though I don't see it hit, I always know if I got a good hit based on the deer's reaction.

I don't think it's necessarily a good thing to watch your arrow fly. It could lead to bad habits and misses. Just my opinion.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not gonna read 5 pages..but absolutely see my arrow "hit". Is it fletching, is it nock ..dunno, don't care..But I sure see it hit. I have good vision ..no glasses, no contacts..20/20 Shoot both eyes open on all weapons.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't always see the fletching, but I do usually see the impact of the shot since my only focus is on the spot I want to hit.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm just being honest, guys. I've only seen it, once....and then I ONLY saw the hole open up on her side. I didn't see the fletchings/wrap at POI. Both eyes open since Dec. of last year.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

I recall seeing it once pre lumenock. It was a 13 yard shot. I am not sure if I saw the fletching or not but I new right where I hit. It may have seen the blood spray. Now I see the lumenock when it hits.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

I don't always see the fletching, but I do usually see the impact of the shot since my only focus is on the spot I want to hit.

This is proper shot execution. Focus on your spot. Ifa guy is trying to watch hisarrows, he'sinviting problems into the equation.

I very rarely see the fletchings. For hunting, I like to use 2 whites on my arrows, mostly to help find them after impact. And I still don't see them in flight. I sometimes catch a flash of the fletcings as they pass through the animal, but not becasue I look for it,it just happens. In all honesty, if a buddy asks me where I hit a deer after I shot it, I can usually describe the shot and POI within a couple inches of where it actually hit. I base this on where my pin was sitting on the animal when the release goes off. We often decide on when to track it based on our own shot assesments.

Quick Reply: See fletchings at impact....HONESTLY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.