Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

See fletchings at impact....HONESTLY

Old 10-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: See fletchings at impact....HONESTLY

JM.....I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong. Is it Ok to simply need to know WHY things are the way people say they "are"?

If someone can explain it to me.....I'll say "thanks" and move on.

If you shoot an arrow straight down......will it experience this "arc" mobo speaks of? Why would it? If it doesn't.....I'm simply stating that the arc is SEVERELY reduced as the angle of downward is increased. Is this correct?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I cant say I ever see the arrow but I always seem to see the entry hole. Sometimes you can try to hard old buddy. Just go out there and have fun.
I agree. I see the impact point and maybe, just maybe the fletch on the hide. The arrow should replace the pin on the shot. This is easier on a broadside animal than a quartered animal. The broadside animal is like a billboard.

I will say, ACC's seem harder to see than any arrow I've ever used.

I also glass an animal all but immediately if opportunity is there.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

I can see my arrow all the way to the target.I could'nt before I started shooting with both eyes open.I can see a arrow also if it flies funny too.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do you see your fletchings at impact with the animal?
At least 75% of the time I do.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

The arrow goes above, and then below, your actual line of sight. The arrow isn't TRULY flying a flat line, straight away from your vision.
This is completely accurate.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

The arrow goes above, and then below, your actual line of sight. The arrow isn't TRULY flying a flat line, straight away from your vision.
This is completely accurate.
if your shooting a release .... now fingers are a different story .... yes?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

GMMAT,here is the actuall trajectory of my bow,it is in the 255 fps range.

And here is the actuall drop of the arrow when the bow isn't pointing upward,shot parralel to the ground.Of course,the pins compensate for this and give us the above trajectory.

Nontypical Buck

ok, seeing every shot in the yard is completely different then seeing it in the woods at an animal. I've not seen a couple deer get hit and it happened to a buddy of mine this year too. there's many things that could make it harder to see during an actual hunt - adrenalin, low light, clutter in the woods, background that matches your fletchings especially this time of year, etc.

it happens!
Typical Buck

If you drop a baseball out of your tree it will fall straight, if you throw it at a tree thats 25 yards away it will arc up and then down. A arrow when shot straight down or away will react the same way. Though with bows shooting as fast as they do now a days its not as noticeable. If you did have a shot that was exactly straight down, it would help to know which of your pins shoots like a 1 yard pin.
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

JM.....I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong. Is it Ok to simply need to know WHY things are the way people say they "are"?

If someone can explain it to me.....I'll say "thanks" and move on.

If you shoot an arrow straight down......will it experience this "arc" mobo speaks of? Why would it? If it doesn't.....I'm simply stating that the arc is SEVERELY reduced as the angle of downward is increased. Is this correct?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:15 PM

Jeff, do you shoot with both eyes open? Couple years back I had a hard time seeing the arrow's flight until I learned to shoot with both eyes.

Quick Reply: See fletchings at impact....HONESTLY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.