Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tracking a deer onto privit property

Old 10-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default tracking a deer onto privit property

ok lets say you shoot a 12 point buck nice big deer.

He runs the 20 or 30 yards from you stand to the property next to yours. He goes 50 yard in and goes out of sight. But could not have went far you had a pass throughand theres alot of blood but it is 90 and time is of the most importance.

Do you try and track down the lan owner who you do not know an dhave no why of knowing how to find them . Or do you cross over the property line and track your deer . it is not like your hunting there land.

iam hunting 50 yards or so off of land owned by another ownerand am worryed my deer will run into his place since they seem tocome from that way what should i do if this happens to me
Old 10-08-2007, 03:44 PM

Default RE: tracking a deer onto privit property

Sit back and enjoy the show, someone pass the salt please, and while you're up, can you bring some soda too please?
Old 10-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

When it comes down to it, what's your relationship with the other landowner? What would he allow? What are your game laws regarding this? Could you contact him and he'd allow you to track him? Would he assist you? Would he stop you? Many things to consider.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:47 PM

Personally, if I saw the deer drop, and I watched it for a while and didn't see it get up - I might be tempted to just go and get it quick. It all depends on the relationship/ personal history with the land owner.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

i do not knwo the other land owner but i think the guys who land i do hunt knows him

i plan to ask him if the guy would be ok with me tracking my deer or try to get his info

what i do not wont to do is upset the land ownerwho is nice enough to let me hunt his land

i do not wont this to turn into another debatejust had a question
Old 10-08-2007, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i do not knwo the other land owner but i think the guys who land i do hunt knows him

i plan to ask him if the guy would be ok with me tracking my deer or try to get his info

what i do not wont to do is upset the land ownerwho is nice enough to let me hunt his land

i do not wont this to turn into another debatejust had a question
That's all you need. Once you answer those questions you'll know exaclty what you can and can't do and what to expect if the situation arises.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Many questions are good to know before shooting a deer so I'd ask asap. Ask him as what if's and ask if he'd assist you as you would do the same etc...

Old 10-08-2007, 03:56 PM
bigcountry

90F says it all for me. I have DNR police number on my phone. I would call them and tell them what I am doing and explain my situation. I have done this before with success in MD. I then run into another hunter while draggin out the deer, and tell, "I understand you gotta do what you gotta do, so call the DNR if you have too". They have always been decent about it. Even had one hunter get help me drag.

Typical Buck

defenitely talk to him before the need arises. 50 yards is not that far when you think about a deer hit with a bow.

Ya know I was hoping for some popcorn tonight

Quick Reply: tracking a deer onto privit property

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.