Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Someone stole my bow!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 05:05 PM

Default RE: Someone stole my bow!!!

man that sucks. like another poster said, keep an eye on the pawn shops. there was another thread a couple of weeks ago where the same thing happened and he recovered his bow from the police a couple days later. maybe luck will be on your side. i know how awful it feels to have something that you've put all that time and effort into stolen by some scumbag. good luck
Old 10-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

wish i had one to help you out only have one and i need it
Old 10-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hope he dry fires it and it blows up on him ..I HATE a thief!

dd
Old 10-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

If you have one in your area, look for second hand sports stores. We have had the same problems in this area before and that's usually where tree standsend up. When I hunted private land, we carved our license number into the stand just in case we needed to id our stands. They couldn't have picked a worst time of year. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. File the police report.
2. File a claim with your homeowners insurance.
3. Check the local pawn shops. Just tell the pawn shop people that you want the make and model of the one stolen. Do not tell them your's was stolen. If it shows up, notify the police, again without letting the pawn shop people know it's yours and it was stolen.
4. Check ebay with the modification to only show results within 100 miles of your home zipcode. If it shows up and you know for sure it's yours, contact the police.
5. Keep repeating steps 3 and 4.
6. If after a reasonable period you do not have results, purchase a new one (hard to do) and keep it locked up inside the home. A garage is a higher target of opportunity for persons inclined to commit crimes, because the average person does not have an alarm system in their garage. You'd be suprised how many people don't even lock their garages.
Follow these steps and there is a high probability it will showup soon.

I have been a military criminal intelligence analyst for many years and have seen many incidents like this.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Just another hunter offering condolances. That really sucks. Sometimes it is hard to find redeaming qualities in society. I think in general most people are good but it only takes a few bad eggs. Call your insurance company and pray they'll cover at least most of it.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

HNIJIM..... What is up with that post??? Seroisly you are probably one of those theifs that steals treestands in the woods. Look man sorry to hear about your stolen bow. Im also sorry about the remarks of some people on here! Hope you get it back!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

We dont need folks like HNIJim on here. Of course though he is only 14 and hasnt learned the value of things yet. Once something of his gets stolen, Im sure hell understand. My condolences go out to you. Ive been fortunate enough not to have any stands, cams, or bows stolen. I wish I had one that I could give you but I dont. Just keep an eye out at the pawn shops, etc.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man that stinks. I agree just watch the local pawn shops and maybe the want ads in local papers and it may show up. As for HNIJim I think the wrath of the HNI staff will come down and bite him in his arse for such a ignorant post. At least it should. Ya see his daddy probably bought him his bow and he has no idea the value of a dollar cause everthing gets handed to him on a silver platter. Wait till he has to work for what he wants and with a attitude like he has McDonalds isn't gonna pay him enough to buy to good bow!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree iowabob i agree.

Quick Reply: Someone stole my bow!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.