Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Form" post.....never done this...

Old 10-08-2007, 07:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Default "Form" post.....never done this...

Here's some photos I had Lisa take, this morning (for something unrelated). Open for critique.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Form" post.....never done this...

Draw length looks a tad long to me. I noticed that as soon as I looked at the pictures. Your head is not aligned with the rest of your body. Looks as though you need to cock you head back some to anchor correctly. Looks like a 1/2" - 1 adjustment would get you where you need to be.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Dominant Buck

See, goherd....I think the same thing....though I've never shot anything shorter. I'm not complaining with my accuracy.....but, so far, I've only shot what the guys at the shop said I should.

Interested to see what others say.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, it takes 2 seconds for your Pro Shop to switch out the mods for you. Have them switch them out and take a few shots to see if it feels more comfortable to you. I did this exact thing a month or so ago. Went from a 28.5" to 28" and it made a huge difference. I felt much more relaxed and comfortable. Needless to say I kept the 28" mods on and left the 28.5" mods with the shop. If you want to go back to your current set up have him put the original mods back on and no harm is done at all. Takes about 10 min. for the whole process, including you slinging a few arrows.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

Jeff, I am by no means an expert at form. But what jumps out to me is you DL is a tad long(1/2" maybe).It also looks like you are leaning back a little with your weight.

If your comfortable with your form and your accuracy, I wouldn't touch it til after the season.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Does this change affect:

1. nocking point?
2. ANYTHING else?

Ihonestly don't wanna mess with it in mid-stream. If it's a seamless transition....I might consider it.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff, there is no doubt your a tad long. That's a 29" bow right? The next bow you order, definately order a 28.5. I shot 29 inches for over 10 years. I knew I was long, I shot well, won tournaments but that didn't make it right for me. When I ordered my Allegiance, I ordered a 28.5" bow. My next bow will be a 28" bow. It's always better to be slightly short than it is slightly long.

The only other thing I see is your forcing your fingers open. This could cause torque. Allow your hand to relax, we shouldn't force the fingers open nor should we force the fingers closed. When the pressure of the riser is forced into the hand the natural tendancy of the fingers is to curl around the bow. Relax the hand and allow your fingers to curl naturally.

Also, rotate your wrist out slightly, very slightly.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:35 AM

DL is too long. Relax your bow hand. Your fingers should fall naturally alongside the grip. You are leaning back just a tad, or your hips are thrust forward a bit.....
Old 10-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

You look like you're leaning back a smidge, DL just a little too long I suspect.

Do you typically cant to the right a little?

I could be wrong, but it's looks like you've got a little too much palm on your grip.

Cute butt....lol

Old 10-08-2007, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Seamless30 second fix..cut off your string loop add cushion and nock point!

Quick, easy, do-able at lunch, and in the black in 3 shots max.

Quick Reply: "Form" post.....never done this...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.